587,236 active members*
3,662 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Checking following error 8025

I'm still having problems with threading, I have replaced the encoder and it still won't pick up and follow the previous thread.

Anyone know how to check the following error? The machine holds dimensions well so I'm inclined to think it's not a servo problem.

Following Error display

You can display the following error by selecting the "Following Error" soft key (F keys at the bottom of the screen) when in Auto or Single Block modes.

Write a small program that runs the axis you want to check at a rate of about50-100ipm back and forth in a repeating cycle.

The error should be the same in both directions, if not you may have to adjust your Balance on the servo drive.

If you are comparing two axis then each should be the same within the smallest count you can get it (varies by machine topology). If they are not you should adjust the gain on your servo down on the higher one until it is equal to the lower one. Verify that the numbers on each are the same in both directions.

Verify there is no drift or axis grumble when the motors are stopped after tuning.

This can be an iteritive process, however, if you are tuning the drives use very small adjustments of the pots as small changes can have a big impact on the velocity loop.

If you do not have it already you should go to the Fagor Automation website and download the 8025 Setup and Installation manual as well as the User Manual.