588,570 active members*
5,314 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese 6040 breakout board

Ive had a chinese 6040 4 axis cnc for a bit over a year and have heard about the problems but Im lucky enough to have had a good run so far.
    I have made a few mods along the way with the help of all the info available through this forum and she's still running sweet.

I have fitted limit switches but now I need to upgrade the Breakout board because of a lack of inputs.

My question; Can someone show me a link for the correct board to buy to allow me to run these switches?
    I have attached a pic of the existing board. I am running it through win xp and mach 3.

I have also attached a pic of some of my mods for anyone interested.
    (dust extractor, lowered and lengthened A axis, LED running lights, fan forced bed updraft and fresh air fed computer cupboard.)

I someone can help me out with a link or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Mark

Re: Chinese 6040 breakout board

There is no one correct breakout board. Pick a board that is fully opto isolated, has on board supply regulation, can handle spindle speed control, has at least a couple of aux relays on board for additional controls or peripheral equipment etc. The board you have now uses the parallel port, but I would look for something with an upgrade route to a USB, or better yet, Ethernet smoothstepper. Ebay is your friend.
    When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!