588,156 active members*
5,296 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Chinese Laser; Is this a good buy?

Hello Everyone;

I've been reading cnczone for several months now, trying to get an idea of what I'm about to get into. I've been searching around online for a good priced laser etcher/engraver and I think I finally found one that i'm prepared to jump on and purchase.

While I think this is the laser I'm going to purchase, I was hoping maybe I could get some professional opinions from you guys around here?

The laser in question is a Chinese laser purchased by another owner that he has here in the states already, from what I understand he's selling it to upgrade to a larger laser.

When I contacted him he sent me two pictures of the laser machine:

Sorry about the small images :/
    I'm not sure about the brand/vendor of the laser, But here are the specs on it and what it comes with:

• 100W Laser with pass-thru doors
    • Rotary attachment
    • honeycomb bed
    • Knife-edged platform
    • 1) extra focus lense
    • 1) extra reflect mirror
    • 1) pump for water cooling
    • 1) 100W laser tube replacement (There's already another in the machine)
    • exhaust blower
    • Air pump for air assist

He's offering delivery and set-up to my house for ~6K$

If I do purchase it, I'll set up a follow up thread with my experiences with the laser, maybe my experience will be able to help others

Thanks for your oppinions

-ShinDoctor

It looks like a 6090 manufactured by either Jinan Artsign or Jinan Guanghan.

Price is about right providing it's only a year or 2 old, and considering it includes delivery and some setup assistance.

Zax.

Hello,
    you

Smile

Hello,

We are manufacturer of laser machine in China.
    you can login into our website:www.jdcutters.com
    to get a best quotation for 100W machine.

Miss Lisa

6k is too expensive

If it's a 6090 with 100W laser and less than 2yrs old, with delivery, installation and some training then $6k is not bad. It isn't a steal but good value.

The quotes from Chinese suppliers will be in the same price range and don't include any setup or the duty, additional costs etc. Just my 2c.

Zax.

We got a 1.3 x 1.3 meter (can cut 4 foot squares) cutting area 100 watt CO2 : DM-1313 at USD5150.00/SET FOB Qingdao China (Price includes strong export packing), extra 100w laser tube at USD480.00/PC .

IF the system is up and running real good - then the price is just okay.
    As is said all over these forums:

The quality of the CO2 hard equipment we have is actually very good, good motors, good slides, powder coat paint. BUT the software - many headaches to get it to actually function and as said here took weeks of wrangling emails and calls to China to get it working. Biggest problem was software DLL - and finally the supplier lady in China (Jinan Maohong) took control of the installation and fixes by doing it herself via web control. She had problems herself - and had to do some digging to find the right DLL's which took only another day. She did a good job - but to get to that point took a lot of work and emails showing what we had done, language mis-communication problems, and justifications on top of that.

Anyways - maybe in a few years the software will be better sorted out. And if the unit you are looking at works good - simply having it up and running is worth a good chunk of money itself - depending on how much weeks of your time is worth if it is not.