587,997 active members*
1,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Chinese laser manufacturers, let's build a good reputation for our products and serv
Page 2 of 7 1234
    I agree, if I'm to receive a USA-tested and supported machine, it's worth the extra money. But I have yet to talk to anyone who's purchased a machine from a4dable, who I can be sure isn't affiliated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by InjectorTech View Post
    On the contrary, IF they are bringing the machines in and making sure they work properly and truly back them, then the value is there. A $900 direct, dead machine is far more expensive than a $1880 live one. Considering how cheap they are and the apparent high service requirement the markup is very reasonable.

I've already been burned buying equipment direct from a Chinese company. They even have a US office and had a US rep. As long as there are people who will go for the lowest price without considering the cost they will not improve their products. Or at least not fast enough. Like having it actually work right, not just being broken. I consider my situation a learning experience.

Why doesn't Redsail have their machines shipped to their Canada location, quality inspected and then shipped locally? Why bother having an office outside China if everything is shipped direct?

Mike

Talking

Hi all, Thanks for all your support and interest. We have a distributer in USA, SO all friends from USA can contact them to purchase lasers directly from them, the below is the info of them:

Cool Photo Stuff, Inc.
    Attn: Jim Olsen
    31220 Hilltop Blvd.
    Running Springs, CA 92382
    (909) 936-5554

Please look at the pictures of our machines on the USA trade show.

Now all our machines got the CE(Europe stand)and FDA(USA stand) marked.

:rainfro: :rainfro:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Thank you, that's great news!

Question Cost Higher

Hi all

I'm a newbe here, but I've been reading a lot and researching quotes from different Chinese makers and had to add my 2 cents.

The same laser quoted from wklaser @$4,600.00 USD cost $18800 USD from USA rep? Why what are we getting for that cost increase? (nuts)

Hi Jim,

You have contacted me for price list? You have contacted me before? The price I quoted for you is the FOB price without including the shipping cost, and that's the price just for our distributer. And now we have increased our price.

If you want the latest price list, Please contact me by [email protected] or [email protected]

My thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by wklaser View Post
    Hi Jim,

You have contacted me for price list? You have contacted me before? The price I quoted for you is the FOB price without including the shipping cost, and that's the price just for our distributer. And now we have increased our price.

If you want the latest price list, Please contact me by [email protected] or [email protected]
    WKlaser,

Please understand that I am not trying to discredit any company or person, I just need to understand what it is I’m paying for.

Yes, I have a complete price list from you (all sizes and options), along with a company profile. Shipping FOB China is approx. $500.00 USD (by ship) from all the different companies that have sent me quotes.

Now with that said, I understand that the prices you quoted me were for your distributors and that is ok. I also understand price increases; you have overhead and suppliers that must be paid.

I went to Bright Star Laser’s web site and I now understand why the price has increased by a multiple of four. For one thing they are offering a two year warranty and free delivery and training, plus 24/7/365 phone support (see below). All these thing cost money, so it’s the old adage “you get what you pay for”.

It’s just that I’m not willing to pay for it. If I buy direct from China I get a one year warranty on the machine and I get email support, and if it is a quality machine and company, that should be enough. I speak fluent Brocken English as I have worked for a Japanese company for the last six years. So, what am I getting for 4 times the price, well, to me I would be getting one extra year of warranty and 24/7/365 phone support. Does four times the cost justify that, in my case I don’t think so. To others it may be just the terms that will make them buy.

Below is from www.brightstarlasers.com web page.

LG1200
    Large Laser Engraver/Cutter
    48"x24" Table, 60 or 80W
    w/ Air Assist, Suction & Rotary
    Starting At: $18,600

Instant Support

BrightStar Lasers is dedicated to provide outstanding support of our laser engravers. When you purchase an engraver, you will be provided with an Instant Support hotline phone number for your service rep. The Instant Support system is operational 24/7/365.
    During normal business hours, you will be connected directly with our Instant Support department. Our technician will be able to help resolve operational issues and diagnose machine and software problems to get you back up and operating quickly.
    We realize that many businesses operate on unusual schedules so after our business hours, your call will be forwarded directly to your Instant Support rep's cell phone. You will either get the rep directly or you will be asked to leave a voice mail message. When you leave a voice mail, the rep's cell will automatically be paged and your call will be returned within 2 hours regardless of the time of the day or night.
    Instant Support... it's the BrightStar Difference.

• Lower Initial Cost • Two Year Warranty • More Included Accessories • Free Delivery and Training

Hi Jim
    Yes you are right, he give his clients 2 years warranty for all the parts of the machine. And offer their clients maintence and training for free charge..

many thanks all friends
    you make life more wealthy

Many thanks for all your support, we will work hard to supply much better products are service

Lc1225

Hi there,
    Now we have 100W models, welcome comtact us.:rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LC1225.jpg  

i am interested in knowing the prices for different powe lasercutting heads

can u please push me a price list.

with regards

Hi my friend,
    Please tell me your email adress, then I will send our price list to you as you required! And you can contact me:

[email protected]
    [email protected]

driver card

i want driver for pmc05 card with windows xp
    :drowning: :drowning:

BrightStar Laser

If anyone has had experience dealing with BrightStar Laser - especially if you have a bought one of their machines I would like to hear about your experience. It is very easy to promise good service, good warranty, etc. but too many people have been burnt after market when the promises don't come through.

goddess:

If you purchase a laser from Bright Star, then you plainly have too much money in the bank.......

The lasers from Bright Star are imported from WK Laser, and then they give you one additional year of warranty, they include all the options etc. and for all of that they increase the price by approximately 4 to 5 times. For example I had at one time received a quote from WK laser for a unit that was $4600 US for the basic machine. The same machine from Bright Star was listed on their web site for something in the range of $21,500. Go figure.

I have since ordered 2 lasers (one for a friend) from HXLaser. I should receive them in about 4 to 5 weeks from now. I found that HX laser was the least expensive company to deal with, and their lasers, which by the way 'look' exactly like the ones from HK laser, are approximately $800 to $1000 cheaper, although you will have to contact HXlaser for a current price, as prices went up in April for all companies.

One thing to note about most Chinese lasers: the information that I was given, from a friend who talked to the general manager at Hx laser, was that most all Chinese lasers are made using the same interior components. The main differences lie in the exterior appearance, position and layout of the controls etc. But the guts are pretty much all the same.

You have to take a look for yourself at which company seems to have the best unit for your needs. I have found HX laser to be very good at returning emails etc. Their prices are the lowest I could find. My personal Chinese friend, when visiting in China recently also checked out the reputation of the HX laser company, and report from quite high ranking people in China, they said that the HX laser company was a good reputable company to deal with, and that they had a good product. Nuff said, I placed my order......

In all my searching, I found that the next closest price to be had was from WK laser, which I think is also a good reputable company, but the price difference you would pay more than covers the cost of shipping. But DO NOT buy the same unit from Bright Star for 4 times the cost........that is a supreme rip off.

There is a recent post in here from a fellow in Chicago who has recently recieved a laser from HX laser, it cost him $345 for shipping all the way to Chicago, and it took 40 days for delivery from the date of order and money transfer.

Pete

HX/WK lasers

Thanks for that info Pete. I am trying to explore ALL options and have contacted both HX and WK for pricing. I have very LITTLE money available, but also not much experience with this type of product if it isn't right at the time I receive it. Plug and Play is what I need LOL! I am fairly good with anything mechanical but not a lot of electronic experience although with good instructions I can muck around inside a computer and am sure I can do the same with a laser. Cost and replacement parts with reliable phone support willo be the deciding factor for me. It is too easy for dealers to promise anything, but follow up and actual service is a different story. I am eagerly awaiting price responses and plan to order extra tube with whatever I buy for that added insurance. So glad I joined this and one other forum - there has been a wealth of information!
    Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

Rabbit Laser

:banana: I just completed a project with the Rabbit HX6090SE where we ran about 300 11.5 X 9.5 (inch) :tired: ACRYLITE FF (CORRECTED PROUCT NAME) panels used for table centerpiece decorations. The image was the local university's new hospital building and logo in 3/16 acrylic. Each table had three panels on a triangular base with LED edgle lighting and a center cylinder vase of orchids with LED lighting below. It looked phenominal and I am happy to say the client was very pleased. As the event producer I typically farm a lot of these elements out however all my vendors who attempted this job would not have delivered at this level or at the price point.

Frank has delivered to a good level on this machine and I would rate the experience an 80 out of 100. I am use to production level equipment that is made to run 24X7. This machine is not that level but I also didn't pay for that level. The software is a bit dodgey but with patience even the lasercut50 software I had to use was workable. The current drivers do not support CorelX3 period. I only have X3 and Corel 10 so I had to use the enclosed software which is easy to use but relies on Illustrator 7 file formats (for my job) It will import AI 8.0 but complains to do so. It does NOT import text in Illustrator so that is a real pain. I hope CorelX3 support is forthcoming soon.

Overall the sales support is great and Frank certainly is here to make a reputation for himself and the company. THANKS FRANK!

Software support really isn't there and even though Frank will address these questions to the engineers in China there is a giant gap in support at that level. If you are running a shop that requires telephone / email technical support then you are better off buying American products and getting a maintenance contract. If you are like me with even a modest level of computer experience and can patiently debug the machine over time then you can't go wrong with the company based on the single machine I have purchased. I am happy and I'll keep posting experiences as we go along.

I would hope we can all share in this forum our combined experiences. These are not servo driven high tolerance machines but for the money are worthy of looking at as additional revenue streams.

Pete

Many people rejected Chinese products because of the bad reputation. I hope we can keep on improving the quality of our products and our service.
    Let's build a good reputation together!

WKLaser company is the true manufacturer for laser engraving/cutting machines. You can also come to China and visit them if you don't belive that.
    They keep on improving their products and they can offer good after-sale service. If you need any laser engraving/cutting machines or laser marking machines, pls feel free to contact them.
    [email protected]
    Many thanks!

Ready to order - any last minute advice?

I have decided that to order the 3040 from WKLaser with Frank Fang's help will be the best way for me to get into a small part-time business. Reading as much as possible on this forum and also Sawmill Creek I have appreciated all of the input from everyone and people have been most helpful!

I have set up a PayPal credit card which will pay in foreign currency and give me recourse if there is a problem or delay and it is worth that extra 3%. I am thinking of ordering extra parts at the same time - an extra tube, lens and mirrors?, belts?, power supply? Which of these ? parts might be redundant and which would be a good idea to have? Are there other spare parts I should consider? These are in lieu of a longer warranty.

Another question regards the computer since I will have to buy a Windows machine. I checked today and have many choices of refurbished machines for under $400. Is it important to have a pentium processor? Would Athlon or Celeron be okay? Processor speed? What would be optimum? Is Corel or other program run on the same machine or are files transferred to it for cutting/engraving? (I use a Mac for design work in Adobe) What am I not asking because I don't know to ask? LOL

Do these machines run hot? I live with average 82º temp all year but it sometimes gets hotter and in the house it is probably warmer. Will I need air conditioner to protect the equipment? And last question - is this smaller machine very noisy? (Heard the larger ones are)

Thanks to anyone answering my questions. Am trying to go into this with open eyes.

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

Page 2 of 7 1234