588,137 active members*
6,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 8 of 19 67891018

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Signal9 View Post
    So are the lights in your neighbor going to dim when you run your new machine?

Your G0704 its probably shooting coolant at your new machine while yours sleeping
    Lol... I doubt it.. its probably shaking and cowaring in the corner..hahaha...

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Ok so I'm working on getting the control panel put together, the tower is a bit big to stuff in completely, so I decided to take all the componentry out of the computer me last it out on a flat piece of sheet aluminum which will attach to the back panel which will be hinged for easy access to the control panel wiring and computer from the rear. See picture below!

Thoughts?

Looks good from here. Likely run cooler with out being on a box in a box

Hanging the PSU and motherboard on that panel looks goods - just leave plenty of room beneath it as it hangs for the cable loom to gather up and run across the hinge, and use some decent size standoffs to allow airflow under the board. I'd consider losing the HDD and CDROM entirely, and instead look at running off a small SSD or even (if your OS will fit) on a thumb drive. Have you figured how you're going to get the g-code into this beast yet? On a network, via sneakernet aka flash drive, or something else? Don't forget to bring whatever network or USB port you need out to a socket on either back (network) or front (usb) panel where it won't get covered in dust, oil or coolant.

She's looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Hanging the PSU and motherboard on that panel looks goods - just leave plenty of room beneath it as it hangs for the cable loom to gather up and run across the hinge, and use some decent size standoffs to allow airflow under the board. I'd consider losing the HDD and CDROM entirely, and instead look at running off a small SSD or even (if your OS will fit) on a thumb drive. Have you figured how you're going to get the g-code into this beast yet? On a network, via sneakernet aka flash drive, or something else? Don't forget to bring whatever network or USB port you need out to a socket on either back (network) or front (usb) panel where it won't get covered in dust, oil or coolant.

She's looking good!
    Good points! Each component will be on stand offs so they are not touching the panel they are mounted on except the PSU. Hard to see it, but there is a 128gb SSD between the PSU and motherboard. Need the DVD drive for loading pathpilot and figured i would keep it for upgrades and what not down the road, easier to have it and not need it than the other way around, plenty of room in there for everything, and I already have the components, so figured why not. My Linux guru said having the big HDD is a good idea so it must stay on there since she is in n charge of the software computer side of things...

What else? Keep it coming and then you for your input!

Chris

Forgot to add, I have taken the Power Button, Reset Button, HDD led, power on led and USB front panel and it will be flush mounted on the side of the swing out cabinet for easy access to turn the computer on and off, reset it etc... Also I am adding a wireless network adapter so I can meet work it with my cad/cam work station for ready access to load post processed files for machining. Should be pretty slick!

Chris

Hi our solution to that is that we use Verry small itx box and do only have LCd ( touch ) screen in the box the using gmoccapy you need to have around 20 switches on the panel so the chain is control an power is in the machine electronic a db25 cable and an db9 connect it to the computer which is outside the full housing but close to the electronic from the pc there is one db25 USB and one 12v going to the tiny LCD box this then has the screen the knobs and can be easily moved just my 5 cents

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi our solution to that is that we use Verry small itx box and do only have LCd ( touch ) screen in the box the using gmoccapy you need to have around 20 switches on the panel so the chain is control an power is in the machine electronic a db25 cable and an db9 connect it to the computer which is outside the full housing but close to the electronic from the pc there is one db25 USB and one 12v going to the tiny LCD box this then has the screen the knobs and can be easily moved just my 5 cents

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    I am using a touch screen as well but wanted a keyboard for other computer functionality as well. I will be using path pilot which is touch screen friendly so should work out ok I hope. My monitor is an Elo 21.5" size, I posted some pictures a few pages back. I used the system my control designer requested, I'm not 100% sure why they requested the components they did but they know more than I do about it so I trust their judgement and it's not so bad putting everything on a panel so far, pretty straight forward. The control box is very big so lots of space to work with. That setup sound nice and compact you're referring to, do you have some pictures to share? Would love to see it!

Chris

Ok, so I removed the way covers and wanted to chosen everything out, was very clean already, basically just wired everything down.. I wanted to move the table to get some better access, so I looked sudden at the ball screw supported end and reached for it.. Thinking yeah right.. like your gonna move all this weight with a two fingers on a 20mm nub end....

It moved, not only did it move but was so easy and smooth.. could move this saddle and table around with Nema 17 steppers probably... Now i doubt they would be able to handle the reverse load, but man was shocked at how smooth this thing moves as heavy as it is!!!

https://youtu.be/vk1V5YhtOYs

Very smooth. I'm so glad you have good support so far and everything is checking all of the boxes as expected. If things continue to go this well you may start a whole new revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFastards View Post
    Very smooth. I'm so glad you have good support so far and everything is checking all of the boxes as expected. If things continue to go this well you may start a whole new revolution.
    Lol.. I don't know about a revolution, but at least an option for the people looking for an economical solution to getting a production machine with support for the cost of a used machine. I have a friend that I made through Instagram who lives abroad who also purchased one of these machines.. I often joke with him that the people who pull the trigger after me will have it made, as I am making tons of changes with the vendors to build an order list with alot of things that will simplify the process of getting the machine up and running.

For instance, the servo drive cables i just had custom made for connecting to the Mesa boards will come labeled for easy connection, the control cabinet wiring will be laid out with proper terminal strip connection labels at the ejection cabinet to connect to the 7i77. The home and limit switch types that work best with the Mesa setup, upgraded components such as hiwin RG series pin roller linear rails instead of the Chinese brand ball roller rails... So many little things including a completed wiring schematic and pin out sheet will make the pathpilot retrofit so much easier. I will send the design of my control cabinet too the manufacturer so it anyone wanted it the same way it would be made before shipping. A bunch of little things that will will stream line the retrofit and help avoid pitfalls. Hopefully it helps any that find this machine solution a viable option!

Just an update, I have ordered a list of miscellaneous items to complete the control cabinet wiring, install the rotary phase converter, and complete the wiring and connections. Most is scheduled to arrive today, some on Monday and some on Wednesday, so it should be a productive week with updates along the way!! So excited!!

If any one following has a cnc router that can handle 24"x 30" work pieces, I would like to have a face plate machined from 3/8" aluminum plate for making the control faceplate.. message me if you have that capability and the time to perhaps help me achieve that goal!

Thanks again all!!

Chris

use a usb external DVD rom drive if you only need to load from dvd one time and do upgrades. make your install look cleaner without one.

The DVD drive will be hidden inside the enclosure, will not be sticking out anywhere.. the whole computer will be attached to the back panel which will be hinged. So just need to open the control panel back door to load the DVD player if needed.. I will post some pictures in a day or two as I get it closer to completion

Slow going, had to get some work work done today but this evening I had a chance to get the control panel computer finished.. still need to hinge the cabinet door in the back and then finish mount the computer panel. Bit a little is better than none!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You may want to go SSD. How do you plan to eliminate vibration from shaking the hard-drive when the mill is in operation?

I know its on a hinge, but machine vibration is gonna go every where without some sort for rubber dampening mechanism.

Unless you go with a bootable usb operating system on a stick?

That being said, its great to see someone using innovation to build a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Signal9 View Post
    You may want to go SSD. How do you plan to eliminate vibration from shaking the hard-drive when the mill is in operation?

I know its on a hinge, but machine vibration is gonna go every where without some sort for rubber dampening mechanism.

Unless you go with a bootable usb operating system on a stick?

That being said, its great to see someone using innovation to build a machine.
    Think I answered that question already, but if you look, there is a SSD.. the red card next to the motherboard. There will be vibration damping on the mounting to the back panel

Yep, fantastic to see this build.

My primary client at the moment builds embedded computers for industrial, military and vehicle mount applications so I'm trying to hold back comments because I know I'm in that mindset and so being a little over-fussy. But a standard motherboard (let alone the hard disk) will sh1t itself in fairly short order if hard mounted to a vehicle in rugged terrain - stress cracks in the board usually, due to the insufficient density of standoff hard mounting points for the board for that application. I'd also be fairly paranoid about protecting the thing against airborne contamination - coolant mist, oil, dust etc.

Like I said, overkill country for this application most likely. But I'd personally be putting a smaller form factor motherboard with water cooling into an IP67 rated box along with just an SSD and powered by a sealed brick laptop style power supply, and mounting both PSU and computer enclosures on rubber mounts to the frame.

Of course this doesn't account for the main machine power supply, servo drivers, VFD etc. I guess if it is all sitting in that box and that box is reasonably protected against moisture/dust ingress you should be alright.

The trick is getting that protection whilst allowing heat to get out of the cabinet.

Yep, fantastic to see this build.

My primary client at the moment builds embedded computers for industrial, military and vehicle mount applications so I'm trying to hold back comments because I know I'm in that mindset and so being a little over-fussy. But a standard motherboard (let alone the hard disk) will sh1t itself in fairly short order if hard mounted to a vehicle in rugged terrain - stress cracks in the board usually, due to the insufficient density of standoff hard mounting points for the board for that application. I'd also be fairly paranoid about protecting the thing against airborne contamination - coolant mist, oil, dust etc.

Like I said, overkill country for this application most likely. But I'd personally be putting a smaller form factor motherboard with water cooling into an IP67 rated box along with just an SSD and powered by a sealed brick laptop style power supply, and mounting both PSU and computer enclosures on rubber mounts to the frame.

Of course this doesn't account for the main machine power supply, servo drivers, VFD etc. I guess if it is all sitting in that box and that box is reasonably protected against moisture/dust ingress you should be alright.

The trick is getting that protection whilst allowing heat to get out of the cabinet.
    The computer is by itself, the rest of the electronics are in the back of the machine in a separate electronics cabinet which is properly designed for keeping noise to a minimum with wire separation (clean signal kept away from dirty power etc) twisted pair and shielded signal wires every where, and all drives have there own CE rated EMI/RFI filters. Not my first rodeo on that, I preach that to anyone with 3 phase equipment..lol

The whole mounted panel the computer is now on will be vibration free in its mounting which is why I used a separate panel rather than mounting directly to the back enclosure panel. So it should be isolated from the machines bump and buzz and from cutting.

As for the actual enclosure, its a sealed unit with only two ports to control airflow in and out, and will be filtered both locations where the fans are. I think you guys may be over thinking this a bit, I have had computers in this environment for years without incident, I'm sure all the water cooled setup would be awesome, but I just don't see the benefit here for the added complexity and expense. The operating system and software will be on the SSD 128GB, the red card on the panel, and files will be on the HDD and on my main cad work station so in the event the three HDD Craig's out everything will still be backed up. I guess if there is an issue I will go back to the drawing board, but I think it should be OK.. at least I hope so..lol

Chris

Like I said, my outlook is polluted by the stuff we do at work at the moment and I know it will be overkill. I look at my router's control box which is too far the other way - a sheet metal box with vent slots cut in the sides and everything inside exposed. And whenever I open it up to upgrade or mod or whatever, it's completely full of crap. But still working.

Sounds like you've thought it through (but not overthought it) and have sorted out your electrical, mechanical and environmental isolation nicely.

And yes, what you're talking about and doing should be more than sufficient to keep it happily working for years.

Keep with the updates, I wanna see how this baby comes together, and how she goes cutting stuff!

Like I said, my outlook is polluted by the stuff we do at work at the moment and I know it will be overkill. I look at my router's control box which is too far the other way - a sheet metal box with vent slots cut in the sides and everything inside exposed. And whenever I open it up to upgrade or mod or whatever, it's completely full of crap. But still working.

Sounds like you've thought it through (but not overthought it) and have sorted out your electrical, mechanical and environmental isolation nicely.

And yes, what you're talking about and doing should be more than sufficient to keep it happily working for years.

Keep with the updates, I wanna see how this baby comes together, and how she goes cutting stuff!
    Yeah, I'm usually an over thinker on some things, but this time I think it's just enough hopefully.. I've considered a few different mounting m method, but since you do this stuff at work, what would be the way you isolated it from vibration? I've considered suspending it with light bungy cords so it floats in place on the back panel from some pegs, I also have looked at isolation mounts but they look more rigid. What is your suggestion?

Chris

Page 8 of 19 67891018