588,208 active members*
4,504 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Circular interpolation instead linear approximate.

Circular interpolation instead linear approximate.

Hi!
    I'm using Edgecam 2012 R1.
    I can not deal with a problem, could you help me?
    Created profile (rectangular with filled), wrapped it on cylinder, in manufacture mode selected radial mill (driven, ballnose, D2 mm) and perfomed slot cycle. Then generated code. For this operation Edgecam using Сylindrical Interpolation (G107, CZ-moves), but instead circular interpolation (G2/G3) generated linear moves (G1) with accurate approximation, given in a cycle. Occasionally it is generated by the radius, but I can not figure out when this happens because the file and post-processor are the same. How to make the output is always radius and what determines how to generate the circular sections? If necessary, I can attach files *.ppf and *.cgd.
    Below are two different codes (in zip), that generated by one postprocessor from one file.
    P.S. Sory for my bad english.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Attach your cgd and ppf and I'm sure someone will help you out.

I am always having trouble with the program being outputted as point to point moves instead of G02 and G03 moves also. One thing that I have tried and gotten some success from was changing the tolerance value from .0001 to .004 . Then on some lathe programs the radius movents came out as G02 and G03.
    The values all seemed to be the right numbers but then it made me wonder if I understand what the tolerance value actually does. Whenever I change the tolerance value for a milling program I still don’t have any success in the moves coming out as G02 or G03 regardless of the tolerance value.