I recently aquired a Dyna 2400 CNC mill. It looks almost new and it I can tell it was hardly ever used and may have about 50 hrs on it but it was stripped of all of its electronics and steppers or servos and control and someone put handles on the X and Y axis with no graduation dials so you dont even know how far you are moving it. I have no idea why it was stripped but it was. The Sindle assembly and motor are still intact but all of the wires were cut off where they went into the control panel so I have a cord full of wires and now have to trace where they go to at least get spindle motor running and go from there I guess. What a shame.This machine looks like it is very well built and quite sturdy for its size.
Would it be worth my while to convert it back to CNC and if so should I use stock parts or go with servos and maybe a different control that will accept G Code or am I wasting my time? I am no electronics wizard but with some time a little money and a bit of help I think I could bring this little gem back to life and put it to work since it has never really done any.
Any suggestions, comments, costs, links etc. would be greatly appreciated.
It seems a shame to leave this little machine as a manual mill with handles that dont even have an accurate positioning method.

Thanks