588,098 active members*
5,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > CNC Editor and Predator Simulator greyed out?

CNC Editor and Predator Simulator greyed out?

Hello, I am brand new to BobCAM V24. I have a part and a saved tool path that is OK. I would like to run a simulation on it but the Predator and CNC editor tools are greayed out in the menu tree? I can run Predator from Windows/Programs/Predator and run all the samples I like, just fine. But it does not show available in BobCAM? Any help appreciated.

Cismontguy

Quote Originally Posted by cismontguy View Post
    Hello, I am brand new to BobCAM V24. I have a part and a saved tool path that is OK. I would like to run a simulation on it but the Predator and CNC editor tools are greayed out in the menu tree? I can run Predator from Windows/Programs/Predator and run all the samples I like, just fine. But it does not show available in BobCAM? Any help appreciated.

Cismontguy
    If something is "greyed out" it usually means that you are not Licensed for it, go to "Help > License" and check if it is Licensed. It should have a Green check beside "Edit/DNC", or if you click on the button at the bottom left with 3 dots on it then it will show your License as in the attached image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Predator License.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	176622

If it shows that you are Licensed OK then you need to contact BobCAD Support about this issue, same applies if you think you did pay for it and it isn`t there

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Predator/CNC editor not working?

Thank you for this helpful information. I did check and they are NOT checked in the Help menu area? But I think we did pay for them. The are able to be opend, outside of BobCAM, but they are greyed out in BobCAM? So... I guess I have to see about contacting BobCAM?

Cismontguy

Quote Originally Posted by cismontguy View Post
    Thank you for this helpful inforamtion. I did check and they are NOT checked in the Help menu area? but we did pay for them. They do work outside of BobCAM when launched on their own? So... I guess I have to see about contacting BobCAM?

Cismontguy
    Looks like a call to BobCAD is the most likely way forward

When you generate your G code you should be able to right click anywhere in the Post Manager window and a small dialog box should open with the options "Save as" or "Edit CNC", if it does then click on the "Edit CNC" and if all is well then that should automatically launch Predator Editor with you code open in it ready to Edit/Backplot/DNC to your machine.

You said that you can run the Samples, is that all you can run ? If you generate code can you save it out and then open that file in Predator and run the Backplot ? ?

You should be able to launch it from your top Menu under "Modules > Edit CNC"

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Predator/CNC editor not working?

Here is an update for future thread readers.

I contacted the company that sold us the software with our CNC router. They are very helpful. They explained that with our software package, you can only use Predator in the right click Mill-Stock/Verify menu.

This did work, and I could see the animation of the part being machined.