588,500 active members*
5,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Lathe Software

Can anyone point me in the direction of a software that post code for a Ecoca 6130e lathe. have the software on the machine, but i am looking for something for the engineering office to download by rs232 port straight to the machine. any info would be great.

what type of controler does it have, controler model number?

controller

the info i can find on it is

mitsubishi
    elv2.5,04/98
    meldas 500m

hope this is the info you were looking for.
    thanks
    mike

Software BobCAD/CAM

BobCAD/CAM can be purchased for about $500 with a little crying. They give FREE post processors and will help you to customize a personal one. They do have a post processor for the Meldas 500M on the website www.bobcad.com
    RS232 communications too

One question, should that be 500L for a lathe?

The software is great both cad and cam for Lathes. It is easy to learn and will help you until you can afford better software. If you need hepl with it PM me and we can work something out. (not a sales rep, just a user 3D milling 2 axis lathe, 6 axis swiss screw machines w/ live tooling)

tobyaxis :cheers:

i will check them out, the cnc lathe is all new to me. familiar with lasers, plasmas and punches. but the lathe seems to be giving a fit. thanks for the info.

don't let them lead you down the garden path. I own 2 copies of bobcad and you deserve better. Much better bang for buck with higher priced packages that work most cadcam packages should have a post for your medalist. Look around and think about this and if you decide on bobcad think again.

sincerly bobcad owner

thanks for the heads up, ill have to keep looking and hopefully somthing will come around.