Hola de nuevo!, almost a year later I'm here again! in 2013 I asked if the 4th axis in a VF1 was a good idea to include it in the package., now I want to buy a CNC Lathe but the question is, should I consider the Y axis with live tools or not?, probably you are thinking that I shall know the answer according to the pieces usually we made., if the answer should depend it on this., then a 2 axes lathe is enough to perform our work because we have a 4th axis in the Haas VF1., but I want to know according to your experience if the Y axis and live tools in a lathe helps more, reduce time, etc or if you prefer to use a 4th axis than a Y axis?

We want a CNC lathe because last month a customer ask if we have the capacity to produce 1500 bushing pieces per week the dimensions were 2" external and 1 3/4" internal and the longest dimension was 2.5"., our answer was unfortunately No:nono:., then now we are thinking in a Haas ST-10Y, what do you think about this option?:idea:, We made a lot of pins with several dimensions as per example: 4 mm external diameter x L= 10 mm and M3 internal thread all in stainless steel.

Regards,

Z