588,548 active members*
5,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > *CNC WORKSHOP*, May 15 - 21 / 2006 ( Who is planing to go ? )

*CNC WORKSHOP*, May 15 - 21 / 2006 ( Who is planing to go ? )

Who is planning to go to this?
    I wish I lived closer, otherwise I would go.
    Art ( Mr Mach 3) will be speaking there, as well as some of his right hand men.
    If you plan on going, list your name in this thread, The more names, the more who will come.
    I hear that last year there were 150 guests, and they had a fantstic time. I am guessing that this year there will be even more.

http://www.cnc-workshop.com/

galesburg

The list of speakers is as follows..........

Artsoft - MACH Series CNC Control Software - Art Fenerty, Brian Barker, John Prentice

Flashcut - Flashcut CNC Control Systems - Ron Worth

IMService - Software and CNC Systems - Fred Smith

Rutex LLC - Motor Drivers and related products - Tom Eldredge

EMC - CNC Control Software - Ray Henry & The EMC Crew - EMC Code Development Sessions will be held

PMDX - Practical Micro Design - Demonstrating Some New Products - Steve Stallings

Bob Campbell Designs - Demonstrating a range of products - Bob Campbell

Computers in the Shop - HOME SHOP MACHINIST columns and projects - Roland Friestad, Mark Godsil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG  

5.JPG   6.JPG   7.JPG   8.JPG  

9.JPG   10.JPG  

Hi Benny,

It is only about 10 hrs from me, so God willing, I will be going this year. I personally had hoped that you and John Stevenson could both make it this year!! I know John Prentice made it last year.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I will if I can get off from work.

I went the last day last year... Most people had already cleared out by then. I'm only about 2 hours away. So I'm going to try to make it earlier this year...
    Nathan

Turmite, one of these days I will make it over to your side of the world.
    I bring you a few of those Lightning Ridge opals you always mention about.

hmm 9hr drive

I wonder if their is some kind of student discount for the poor college students

It sure does look interesting and could be very fun but I dont know if I can handle all of the costs(driving and fees)

Jon

Jon I have emailed Roland, ( The organiser) I have asked him to post an answer in this thread.
    By the look of some of the pictures you may be one of the few with a full set of hair, or not grey. I truelly hope they offer some discount for students. They should be encouraging younger folk.

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    Jon I have emailed Roland, ( The organiser) I have asked him to post an answer in this thread.
    By the look of some of the pictures you may be one of the few with a full set of hair, or not grey. I truelly hope they offer some discount for students. They should be encouraging younger folk.
    Ha... That's funny. I have to admit, even at 35 last year I felt like I was the youngest one there.
    Nathan

Roland has emailed me back and said that since it is 5 days for $100 it couldnt get much cheaper. I guess he is right. He did say that he would consider a case by case situation.
    If You want to go, but cannot afford to do so, please fill in the application form along with a description of your situation.

50 regestered already.

I'm considering going as well. Though I live in Michigan and it's about a 7 hour drive. Is anyone else from Michigan considering going?

-Matt

Hmmm

So, this 'CNC workshop' is in my neck of the woods, roughly. I live in Chicago. I am not sure how far it is to this small-town Illinois, but it cannot be more than 4 or 5 hours..

That said, I doubt I will make it.. 40hours/week in my cubicle, combined with my busy freelance life and attempts at an active normal social life leave me with little time..

This is sad, as I owe Art a handshake!

And benny. If you were going to make it, we could have a fabulous chicago pub night to really make the most of your trip. But then australia is a bit of a 'hike'...

Hmmmmm

I am still working on the wife I would really like to go even though I probably would be way out of my league I might even learn something LOL

Not long now, 85 registrations so far, and many more will arive on the day. Dont kick yourself for missing out. http://www.cnc-workshop.com/

To any one who is going to Galesburg conference.
    Could you please take a digital video camera and tripod along and record a few of the classes.
    I will then compile a DVD of all the videos and make it availiable for cost plus postage.
    I envisage the cost of the DVD to be $10 plus a maximum of $5 for the postage.

The more cameras there the better the coverage of the event.

Thanks,

Benny

I wonder......they don't have any special rates for students.....what about for the unemployed......."Hey, I've got a question.....are any of those motels like in decent neighborhoods....".....darn, I bet it's too late to find a cheap airline ticket.....