587,467 active members*
2,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > COMPLETE 3 axis electronics package (plug-n-cut, Ready to go)
Page 1 of 2 12

COMPLETE 3 axis electronics package (plug-n-cut, Ready to go)

Hello,

They're finally here!

The long-promised CNC control boxes from GeoMcnc (Say G-ohm CNC) are available at:

http://www.cncresource.com

These are plug and play, FULLY assembled units with built in 34V, 4amp linear power supply, parallel port "breakout" built into the 3 axis, 3 amp microstepping unipolar chopper driver board, with option for screw terminal or Din5 motor connectors. The Estop circuit and switch is built into the board for added safety, and the single board design minimises point-to-point wiring for excellent reliability. (The Db25 connector is soldered to the board, and the Din5 connectors are also directly soldered to the board.) There is a 2x20 expansion header with logically laid out pins--you can access all inputs including 5v and ground with a 2x5 connector. The parallel port outputs may also be connected--including 5v and ground--using a second 2x5 connector.
    (We have daughter boards in process as well which will take advantage of this simple, logical upgrade connector. It may be used to re-configure the driver board pinout to YOUR specific CNC control program.

The included fan with filter presents clean air to the driver heatsinks which are oversized for excellent heat dissipation.

A great deal of upgrade-abilty is built into the basic design and replaceable front and rear panels in the box allow you to add features like spindle and aux control, limits, probe, serial, Digispeed, modio, 2nd port, increased power supply amperage, etc. now or later.

More importantly, these CNC control boxes (MCU's) are initially being offered as a COMPLETE set for three axis desktop machines (you can upgrade to 4 axis later if you wish). And with 34 volt drives at 3 amps, machines larger than "desktop" models may also be driven.

This complete set includes the control box, power cord, serial cable for computer connection, Mach3 demo already configured for the control box, three motor cables, and three 116 oz. in. 3amp size 23 motors with a very flat torque curve; which makes them easily the equal of larger motors in actual use on a machine... (Larger 200 oz.in. motors are on the way, and may be ordered now--email for details--)

No longer do you have to worry about your electronics experience level to complete a cnc machine. No longer do you have to search for various parts from various places.

NO soldering, no screwdriver required. just plug the cords into the box and motors, load Mach3--or any other "common" step/dir p-port controller; but the M3 config is already DONE for you!---and begin using the system with YOUR CNC machine.

AND, these won't take up more space on your bench than your machine!
    At only 3-3/4" wide, 5-3/4" high, and 8-3/4" long; they are about the size of a large brick. AND they are designed to minimise the footprint needed by standing up instead of laying flat.

These boards, boxes and power supplies have been in testing for over a year, and have proved reliable and FAST.

For a limited time, these complete sets are available for $325...
    (limited by quantity, so time will depend upon sales levels)
    Order now. Paypal ordering lets this fit on a credit card;
    Please email if a different payment method is desired.

Ballendo

P.S. CNCresource.com also have GeoMcnc MCU boxes with power supply and upgrade panels pre-drilled and wired for use with Xylotex 3 and 4 axis drive boards; HobbyCNC 3 and 4 axis drive boards, THS single axis boards. Up to 3 Gecko 201, 202 or 210 drives will fit, use of 202's may require giving up some IO upgrade space. Email for details of your specific need. (We've likely considered it and have a drive box suitably arranged.)

P.P.S. OEM customers invited...

Exclamation Growing pains... Possible email glitch at cncresource.com

Hello,

I've just found out that the contact us form at cncresource.com was not working correctly.

It has been fixed.

If you've sent a message and haven't received a reply; please re-send.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Ballendo

P.S. It appears that folks using "outside" email to [email protected] are not having any problems.

Dear Sir

Would you please let me know in order to making a CNC control system what will I need more than your system, ( Complete 3 axis electronics package ) . For example PC, encoder, any software, and ...

Sincerely

Kouroosh Yaghmaee

Hello,

Thank you for asking!

You'll need:

1. A cnc ready machine that can accept size 23 motors.
    (You can build this yourself from plans sold online, use free plans at this site, or buy a cnc ready machine from someone like Taig, Sherline, etc.

2. An IBM PC running windows 2000 or XP
    (to use the supplied M3 demo and configuration files. Note that the demo is good for programs up to 1000 lines of gcode. If you want to do things like photoengraving, you will want to upgrade the demo for 125USD)

You can instead use other software like cncZeuss, turboCNC and others which run in DOS.

That's it. Everything else is included.

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by kouroosh
    Dear Sir

Would you please let me know in order to making a CNC control system what will I need more than your system, ( Complete 3 axis electronics package ) . For example PC, encoder, any software, and ...

Sincerely

Kouroosh Yaghmaee

I believe you'll find that Mach3 is now US$160.00, a fantastic buy!

Quote Originally Posted by jimini
    I believe you'll find that Mach3 is now US$160.00, a fantastic buy!
    Yes, list price for Mach3 is 159.

But we include a $35 discount coupon in our complete cnc electronics sets.
    So when you purchase the upgrade through CNCresource, the upgrade cost is only $124.

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Dear Sir

Thank you for your E-mail. I want to make a CNC machine by myself. Would you please let me know that "I need a CNC ready machine" what means? you mean I need mechanical structure of CNC machine or I have to use CNC control system.

Sincerely

Kouroosh

Kouroosh,

Yes, You need the mechanical structure of the CNC machine.

Everything else is included with the 430MCU system package.

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by kouroosh
    Dear Sir

Thank you for your E-mail. I want to make a CNC machine by myself. Would you please let me know that "I need a CNC ready machine" what means? you mean I need mechanical structure of CNC machine or I have to use CNC control system.

Sincerely

Kouroosh

Why only 4amps? I use a min. 10amps with 200oz motors. smaller amp motors will not have much speed/power i would think.

Hello Joe,

Because 4 amps is enough to get good performance.

FWIW, we can add amperage to our MCU if it is found necessary; the box and its contents have been designed for this. But it hasn't been found necessary for normal use with the 3 amp motors we use.

Our wood duck gantry routers using the 430MCU and 1/2-10 acme leadscrews get upwards of 70IPM rapids (I can do 90IPM, but feel better about using 70), and cutting speeds of 60IPM.

I've been doing this a long time, and it's only very recently that everybody seems to feel the need to "supersize" and "monster-ize"...

I'm looking for a great balance between cost, performance and reliability.
    (And I throw in a healthy dose of upgrade-ability to satisfy those who are after the "super" and "monster" effect...)

Ballendo

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che
    Why only 4amps? I use a min. 10amps with 200oz motors. smaller amp motors will not have much speed/power i would think.

Surprise, either your contact info is still inop, or your company is ignoring the 4 emails I have already sent. Please contact me at [email protected]
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

Hello,

Sorry to hear of a problem in reaching us.

I'm not sure what it could be as we've been getting a high number of emails each day. And there's no way we'd purposely ignore anyone.

As I recall we did get a mail from you, but the response I sent was kicked back to us. (I'll look in our folders and see if the details are still there.)

I will contact you offlist as requested.

Thank you for your persistence.

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by massajamesb
    Surprise, either your contact info is still inop, or your company is ignoring the 4 emails I have already sent. Please contact me at [email protected]

Upgrades to 430MCU--Moved here from xylotex thread

John,

Now we can talk about our products without stepping on toes...

I've put answers into your message below.

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnG

I've decided to go with the jgro plans instead, except I've modified it to use the moving table method (y axis).

Sounds fine.

Is the kit you sell similar to the Xylotex kit? If I bought that would I need any additional electrical hardware to run it?

Yes, and no. It is similar in capability, but it is NOT a kit. It is a fully assembled and tested, complete electronics package for a 3 axis CNC machine.

I'm asking because I'm not exactly sure on what I need.

You are not alone. That's why we put this complete package together!

I just know I need the CNC machine itself, computer, motors, CAM software and the equipment to connect everthing.

Our package includes everything you've listed except the computer. You'll need a windows XP computer to run our included Mach3 software. You can run other software, but we do not offer pre-configured setup files for other controller software at this time (we'll still help you get set up, but Mach3 is our main focus as far as controllers go.)

And would I be able to upgrade to a 5 axis system later if I decide to do so? I take I would be able to.

Yes.

Sorry I'm so ignorant on the subject (still learning).

Nothing wrong with not knowing something new!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------2nd transferred msg-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I just read the discription on the hardware you sell ballendo, and it apears to include everything I need. Including 200 oz.in. motors as an upgrade. Plus your kit is housed in its own box unlike the Xylotex kit. I like that.

Thank you.

Do you have the 200 oz.in. motors in stock?

Yes. Our 200-282 oz.in 8 wire, double shaft motors. Now in stock and sell for 40 dollars each. Shipping for up to 6 is $8.50 in the continental USA. Compare that to other vendors at 50+ bucks plus higher shipping for the same thing!

I see in the description that the kit is capable of 6 axis as well. How would that be accomplished if I decide to upgrade to 5 axis? What would I need?

The 430MCU is designed from the start to be expanded. You'd need an additional power supply module--or the 8-10amp upgrade we're testing now-- Motors and cables of course. Also the additional drivers. We can supply all of these for reasonable prices. For instance to go to 4 axes costs only 60 dollars plus the motor cost, which is 15 or 40 dollars. Add a motor cable for 5-10 bucks and you have a 4 axis control. The software configuration upgrade is also included, so you won't get bogged down trying to figure out all the places that ned changing as you add axes to Mach3 (We're working so that the screens are also optimised for the axes you have installed, and the machine type you're using (plasma, router, engraver, mill, for example)

(You do not usually need to upgrade the std. power supply to add a 4th axis. If you add more than 4 axes and you do need more amperage.
    As I mentioned above we're testing a new solution that increases the DC power available to 8 or 10 amps within the original enclosure. So far, this looks like an option we'll soon be offering.)

A bit of background here might help:

You may have noticed that the motor cables stick out to the right near the top of the 430MCU cabinet. This is done so that a "sidecar" cabinet may be added. It attaches to the main MCU cabinet, and "lives UNDER the existing motor output cables, protecting them. The two cabinets join to become one.

The sidecar then allows you to expand your system to accomodate additional drives, power supply, AC and DC Power control, and things like the GRex G100 from Geckodrive. And perhaps also some of the popular breakout boards which tend to be rather large.

And the combined sidecar-enabled MCU will still have a smaller footprint than most other drive boxes!

You already have the 3 native expansion panels in the original cabinet, and these are great for adding limits, nhomes and output controls. But for more than 4 axes, the sidecar will be a near necessity. There's a great deal of versatility added with the sidecar.

Now What I've recently discovered--in one of those paradigm shift, AHA! moments--is that if we use an 8-10amp supply in the ORIGINAL box, we can have more of the "sidecar" available for things that would have been in the native cabinet. Another option for our customers. So we're looking into adding the heavy duty power supply as an option soon. (It can be added later as well; we're already starting to make provisions for it in the basic cabinet.) And we'll gladly retrofit any existing cabinet to allow for the new upgrades.

Anyways, there will be at least two ways to get to 6 axes if you want to go there. Pricing will remain VERY competitive.

We're proud of this 430MCU product line and are "chomping at the bit" to get it fully released. Fortunately, since it's designed to be easily expandable, we can do it right, and take the time mecessary.

http://www.CNCresource.com

So just to be clear, the 430 MCU/U PNP Set will include everything I need to get up and running for now with 3 axis? Then if I decide to move to 4-5 axis later (like in 3-6 months), I can do so with the necessary upgrades you mentioned? If so that sounds great and is exactly what I want.

complete 3 axis CNC electronics and S/W, $325

Yes, that is correct.

The URL to Order online is at the top of this thread.

Ballendo
    CNcresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG
    So just to be clear, the 430 MCU/U PNP Set will include everything I need to get up and running for now with 3 axis? Then if I decide to move to 4-5 axis later (like in 3-6 months), I can do so with the necessary upgrades you mentioned? If so that sounds great and is exactly what I want.

Smile

hello
    this isnthe first time i,ve posted.[didn,t want to sound stupid] probably still will. i have mech. skills but very,very,very little pc skills.that said cnc,s have got my attention.i have a maxnc kit i picked up 10 yrs ago but don,t know dos and i,m to old to learn. it sounds to me like thisplug and cut system is what i need.my pc is win98 can it be upgraded to xp? and then do you use g codes to program? what are g codes?i,m sorry to sound so dull but i,ve been reading the threads and a lot of it i don,t understand. you guys use a lot of abreveations. so if any one can shed some light for me i thank you
    Dar

i really hate to ask this but whats a url. sorry but i don,t know
    Dar

A URL (Also called a Link) is the location of a website, on the net.

Example: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20117

If you click on the Example URL/Link it will open up a new window of this same exact thread on this website. (Windows / Internet Explorer)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

We're all new at something

Dar,

Thank you for the interest. Nobody trying to learn sounds stupid, IMO (in my opinion). We're ALL new at something...

Okay, so I see someone has pointed out that a URL is simply tech-speak for web address. If you go to http://www.cncresource.com you can see the plug and cut system and read its description. It may be purchased there as well.

I bought one of those MaxNC kits some time back myself. Not a bad package for the time.

It's hard to say whether your Win98 PC can be EASILY or EFFECTIVELY upgraded to Windows XP. I'm sure it CAN be upgraded, but cost and time and impact on programs you run--they may need to be upgraded as well--would need to be considered.

It may be less expensive to just buy one of the newer computers already running XP. I have seen some folks able to do this for 150-200 dollars, by watching for sales.

But it's probably worth getting XP or Win2000 so you can run the MAch3 software. Because it has so many features and options that allow you to work and make parts and things without necessarily learning Gcode.

Gcode is the language of CNC. To learn more, go to the URL http://www.machsupport.com and then download the "Using Mach3 Mill" document. It will explain gcodes, and other things about the software that comes with the plug-and-cut system.

Glad to see you taking some steps towards having CNC to use in your shop!

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by Dar
    hello
    this isnthe first time i,ve posted.[didn,t want to sound stupid] probably still will. i have mech. skills but very,very,very little pc skills.that said cnc,s have got my attention.i have a maxnc kit i picked up 10 yrs ago but don,t know dos and i,m to old to learn. it sounds to me like thisplug and cut system is what i need.my pc is win98 can it be upgraded to xp? and then do you use g codes to program? what are g codes?i,m sorry to sound so dull but i,ve been reading the threads and a lot of it i don,t understand. you guys use a lot of abreveations. so if any one can shed some light for me i thank you
    Dar

missing motors

perhaps i am merely missing them, but i don't see these on your site.. could you post a link to them??

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by ballendo
    Do you have the 200 oz.in. motors in stock?

Yes. Our 200-282 oz.in 8 wire, double shaft motors. Now in stock and sell for 40 dollars each. Shipping for up to 6 is $8.50 in the continental USA. Compare that to other vendors at 50+ bucks plus higher shipping for the same thing!

[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12