Quote Originally Posted by BIG IGG View Post
Okay i'm finally getting around to putting the PC in the cabinet of the 1100 stand. I have a different PC then the one that came with it (bought the 1100 used) and the guy had it before me rigged it so when he powers up the 1100 the PC would turn on. But i looked in my PC in the bios and did not see an option for that. Just wonder how you guys power up your PC when starting the 1100. I don't want to have to always open that cabinet door to turn it on.

And maybe i'm not looking in the right place for my PC to turn on when it see power to it. I have a Dell 745 optiplex the full version one not the mini
My first controller, a Dell running M3, lived outside, under the stand. I actually had two computers set up as controllers, one as a backup. I couldn't get the bios modified (I tried, hard) to power on from the panel- used the computer power switch, left it plugged into the wall. That worked fine. M3 went weird after several years of perfect runninng and wouldn't stay fixed, so I jumped to PP -which was just off beta- and bought the Tormach controller rather than deal with the 10 year old Dell. That works fine inside the stand (I don't use flood coolant anymore), powers on from the Tormach panel. I did stick a fan in the cut-out on the stand; mostly, don't use it- no need, and it's noisy despite vibration isolation.

Net, I've tried both, both work fine, and with two separate non-Tormach controllers (both Dells, one an optiplex) I couldn't find a way to mod the bios no matter what I tried. In that case, I just left the computer out where I could hit the power button.