587,787 active members*
4,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Configuration to match yaskawa driver and cnc

Configuration to match yaskawa driver and cnc

Hello, I have a yaskawa SGDAS driver 750W with it's 750W motor and I performed the autotuning with the sigmawin software and it looks good but I have problems when I try to command it with a cnc... Does anybody knows if is better use only proportional control or Proportional + Intergral control? how many ppr should I set up on the cnc if my encoder is 2048 ppr and I wired from the yaskawa encoder output to the cnc encoder imput? should be 2048 or 8192? anybody have a set of parameters that I can use to command that servo from a cnc? Thanks a million

Regards.

Ivan.

hi.
    you have to give more details.????
    what cnc are you using, what is his output to power module, what is the retrofiting mode.

Josep

Smile more details

Hi, my cnc is a pci card with cnc software, I'm using 10 to -10 V to command the speed signal, my servo encoder is 2024 ppr, I close the loop from the motor encoder to the servo driver controller and from the yaskawa servo controler using the encodeer output to the cnc card, the problem is that there are two loops and I think that they are fighting with each other, I have the yaskawa PID loop and the servo card PID loop. When I use the yaskawa driver I have option tu select PI control or P control, the problem I have is the movement is not smooth, the speed fluctuates, any sugestions?

Thanks

ivan

cnc

Hi, my cnc is a pci card with cnc software, I'm using 10 to -10 V to command the speed signal, my servo encoder is 2024 ppr, I close the loop from the motor encoder to the servo driver controller and from the yaskawa servo controler using the encodeer output to the cnc card, the problem is that there are two loops and I think that they are fighting with each other, I have the yaskawa PID loop and the servo card PID loop. When I use the yaskawa driver I have option tu select PI control or P control, the problem I have is the movement is not smooth, the speed fluctuates, any sugestions?

Thanks

ivan
    Quote Originally Posted by rosli View Post
    hi.
    you have to give more details.????
    what cnc are you using, what is his output to power module, what is the retrofiting mode.

Thanks

ivan

Josep

Not many changes need to be made from the default in my experience. If the speed is fluctuating you need to figure out where the oscillation is coming from. Is the controller's position loop gain out of whack? Or is the drive's speed loop gain out of whack? Sounds like a tuning issue to me.