587,215 active members*
3,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Zax:
    You should not give people false information about our lasers when you don't own one or seen one in operation.

Our 4th generation laser are pictured here: Full Spectrum Engineering

Our XY table is completely redesigned and has two hardened steel rods with ball bearing linear slides. These are mechanically superior to the cheap Chinese lasers which have plastic roller wheels on the left side and the motor located on the right side with a single steel rod. We located the Y motor and Y mirror on the left side which save wasted space. This XY axis is designed and made for us. It is not available on any other machine. We added two enclosed cable carriers for the air assist and all cables.

The M40 is similar to our 2nd generation model. These have the XY table that is a separate unit. The cabinet area for the power supply is double the size and this cuts the working area in half.

Our model is an entirely different laser both mechanically and electrically.

You can upgrade the electronics with our electronics upgrade (at $749 this makes the price almost the same) but there's no way you can mechanically modify it to be the same. The parallel port version of NewlyDraw makes your laser a door stop. Again, we are so confident of our software superiority we offer 60 days money back guarantees.

The Chinese manufacturers will probably (poorly) copy our superior mechanical design eventually but until then you can't find the same laser anywhere else.

Again our advice is just to get a 30 day money back guarantee. Buy the cheaper one and if you are happy with it then life is good. If you are not happy with it then you can return it and buy ours.

If they have no store for you to try it and no return policy, you are surely to be disappointed.

Full Spectrum Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Bill,

There are different versions of the desktop 40W systems, and the usable dimensions will depend on their table.

The Artsign I have has a head travel of around 12" x 10", and a usable area of 10.25" x 8.75" however if you are using the supplied lift base (which I don't) it limits the area to 9" x 8" (what they have in the spec). The reason is it has 4 screws that raise and lower the cutting deck. It also restricts the height to just under 3". These machines are made to be modified, you can easily add a pass-thru for longer material or remove the lift base and use a scissor type lifter with a honeycomb base etc. If you just want a machine for production and not as a hobby, buy something else but expect to pay $5k. In my opinion the FSE solution isn't a lot better (mechanically), it's just someone else has done the mods for you.

Zax.

Wow Henry, you sure are sensitive. :wave:

I stated 'in my opinion' so as always that is worth what you pay for it, but it is something I am allowed to have on this forum where you can't censor it (wedge) .

I also stated 'the FSE solution isn't a lot better' and not that it isn't better, to me it's like having 180MPH rated tires on my car vs. 120MPH. They both get me to work and back just one costs more and is superior technically but may or may not corner or have better grip. Now if someone is racing then yet they'd want to spend the extra - everyone has their own requirements.

I do believe you have a better software solution, which is why I said 'mechanically' but it now appears with the 4th gen you have a fair argument there too. I was not referring to your 4th gen which according to your own website is just a pre-order and not shipping out to customers yet.

Zax.

Hey Zax, don't upset Henry - he may just give up this selling laser hobby and stick to his 'day job' with the scanners.

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

I am new to this board and I am getting closer to my decision on where to buy my first laser. I have looked at several differant ones since I started this journey a few months ago. I have been programming and running CNC mills and lathes since the late 80's so I have plenty of manufacturing experiance and can fix just about anything at this point. With this said I am now considering buying the LG1200 from gweike. Can anyone give me any advice from experiance on weather or not it is worth saving the money for a little headache?

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by etech4u View Post
    I am new to this board and I am getting closer to my decision on where to buy my first laser. I have looked at several differant ones since I started this journey a few months ago. I have been programming and running CNC mills and lathes since the late 80's so I have plenty of manufacturing experiance and can fix just about anything at this point. With this said I am now considering buying the LG1200 from gweike. Can anyone give me any advice from experiance on weather or not it is worth saving the money for a little headache?

Brandon
    Hi Brandon,

I think you have raised a good point here.

If you feel competent that you can fix any problems yourself then you are in a good position to purchase from any supplier you choose at the best possible price (bearing in mind that in many instances ‘you get what you pay for’.

The difficulties many face is that they are unable to fix problems themselves so they really need to buy from the supplier that offers the best back-up and service support (preferably in their own local area).

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

I've just bought my 3rd laser from G.Weike and have not had any problems with them.

Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Horse View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone....great info.

I will delve into this a bit more. I looked at the spectrum...it's more than a li'l more than a grand for what I would need I think, altho' I like what I see. I need a usb setup vs. parallel port for sure. Not sure if there is a specific air compressor needed for these, but I have several on hand. On top of that, there's shipping to where I am now in MO. My computer is xp, wife's is windows7...doubt if I can pry it out of her fingers tho'.

All in all, the spectrum looks like it would cost me at least 2500...which is alot more than 1K.

Well, I'll keep researching these....any other input would certainly be appreciated.
    Bill

Hi,

We recently have some order of 3040 desktop laser which got a table 300mm*400mm with Z axis 55mm . For engraving , 40W or 60W laser tube is a good choice . Here are the pictrue if you intrested ....

XYZ Machinery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3040 - 60 W.jpg   New Exlas 3040.jpg   NEW SMart3040_1.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12