587,125 active members*
2,795 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Converting Chinese 6090 from 10 year old NCStudio toNew Mach3 control software

Converting Chinese 6090 from 10 year old NCStudio toNew Mach3 control software

Short history and about. I am new to CNC machines. I have three-five years before retirement and an unemployed partner. Hence starting something new for now and future plans. I bought the unit used locally and from what I can figure out its probably 10 years old now. Manually it runs fine but I have not run a program on it yet still setting up.The unit came with an old PC and old unregistered software. I am trying to upgrade all that. First step was a newer computer and the Mach3 package. The tests on the PC shows it works great. Now I have to figure out which pin out to use. Like so many other people have said documentation is nonexistent. Does anyone have any experience in doing this any help would be appreciated.
    Attached is a photo of the breakout board. Even an idea of what wires are what would be a help. I have an electronics back ground and lots of trouble shooting experience with a Fluke meter but hoping to save my self allot of time crawling around under my machine in -30C weather

Re: Converting Chinese 6090 from 10 year old NCStudio toNew Mach3 control software

Wow. No replies... It could have been that you caught the 'zone on a day that everyone else took off.

But it could be that you don't have enough pictures. For example it would be very helpful to know the other ends.

I'll take a flyer that the blue/green pairs are step signals and red/black are power (5V?) and ground.

However, the 15-pin connector is tell-tale to me[1]: a sign that it was probably run by NCstudio, of which links to old downloads are can be found here.

You might try running getting it and running it in a 32-bit version of Windows.

[1] because of my many-days' hunting for a way to overcome my own Chinese gem's use of 15-pins. (The vendor supplied a Weihong--I surmise--PCIMC-3D interface card and 15-pin cable.)
    --
    Dan

Re: Converting Chinese 6090 from 10 year old NCStudio toNew Mach3 control software

PLEASE I NEED HELP HOW TO CONNECT SUCH BRAKOUT BOARD TO Huanyang Vfd

PLEASE CAN U HELP

That does not look like a breakout board. It looks like a pin for pin adapter board, where do all of the wires go after that board?

Can you get the old computer up and running and see what they had it set up for? Might want to look in the old set up files for best information.

Need to see the motor driver cards and there should be some kind of card with microchips on it.

Need more pictures as requested. in short where do all of those wires go to, and how are the motors connected.
    Any numbers on the boards would be helpful too.