588,565 active members*
5,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Correction question

On Biesse Rover we have a nice fixed cycle for corrections but i dont understand how to put offset?
    For example, tool diameter is 25 mm and i just need to enter into wood 3 mm. Do i need to change in software of the machine tool diametar? And how much would that tool enter into wood if the diametar woud stay 25 mm? half of diametar? On old siemens 3m controller we have offset registers (like: G41 D01) where we enter offset but dont know how to do it on these new machines.
    Thanks

have you worked this out?

No, i didnt. Im doing hard programming, writing direct tool path. I dont have time to stay too long on one problem, it just got buried on pile of other ,newer, problems. Tool in question is not much in use, so theres no much of sharpening(and changing of diametar) and in that way not much changing of programs.

if you have the tool entered in tool configuration and tool table the g41 g42 work really well. you must remember to do a lead in cut and a lead out cut and enter g40 on lead out before psu or poff. if for example you wanted to cut x0 to x300 with cut line on right of tool depth 10mm y0

tool change
    start at x-20 y-10 g42 prf=10 (movement to start position more than half tool diameter)
    x0 y0
    x300
    x320 y-10 g40 lead out
    poff

if you wanted to cut 3mm in from edge change y to 3 instead of 0
    lead in and lead out must be at least half tool diameter distance

hope that helps
    by the way if you reverse direction the tool still cuts to the side of the line depicted so beware! ie it will jump to other side of line just routed

if you look on utube, search biessebod (me) it will show a panel being routed where you can clearly see lead in lead out on cuts
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF5Q-USXf-4"]YouTube - biesse cnc making pool table[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    if you have the tool entered in tool configuration and tool table the g41 g42 work really well. you must remember to do a lead in cut and a lead out cut and enter g40 on lead out before psu or poff. if for example you wanted to cut x0 to x300 with cut line on right of tool depth 10mm y0

tool change
    start at x-20 y-10 g42 prf=10 (movement to start position more than half tool diameter)
    x0 y0
    x300
    x320 y-10 g40 lead out
    poff

if you wanted to cut 3mm in from edge change y to 3 instead of 0
    lead in and lead out must be at least half tool diameter distance
    Ah , i understand now, thanks. Soon ill be doing new series of cabinets so i just might write a program for it. Cut in question is for door hinge but newest problem is that doors that come to my machine are not exact 90 degree and it happens that one cut is 1 mm deep and other is 5 mm. Grrrr.... Too precise machine for the rest of old machinery in process.

hope that helps
    by the way if you reverse direction the tool still cuts to the side of the line depicted so beware! ie it will jump to other side of line just routed
    Yes it helps, thanks, and yes i had one case reverse-direction-without-reverse-side. I had i U-like shape cut out and on exit it wasnt nice(it was braking wood) cut so i figured out to reverse path. BTW , that problem i solved with drilling two holes on the edge of exit and entrance point prior to milling. Not really standard solution but it works.

if you look on utube, search biessebod (me) it will show a panel being routed where you can clearly see lead in lead out on cuts
    YouTube - biesse cnc making pool table
    I saw your video maybe two months ago when i was thinking that we will be getting 321r so when i googled i found your video. Interesting tool deposit, i have on mine machine similar box, dont know whats inside . Vacuming of chips is good, i presume? I have problem with that on rover 23, vacuming tubes are too far away from tools and cant suck chips.