586,036 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Create NC or select tool ERROR

Create NC or select tool ERROR

Today I got a new error, when try to create a new NC program or try to edit one.
    This happen when try to choose a tool.

Any suggestion?

Your tool file is corrupt - it happened to me. Go to the Surfcam directory in Program files and copy the SurfcamLibrary.fdb and then go to C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Config and paste over the file in there. You may have to change the folder to write-able. You might lose your custom tools - I can't remember.

JP

I do that, with a copy that I had.
    This error happen when I scroll down tool when I was creating a NC program.

Your Tool Library is referencing a custom tool or holder file (SCCTL) that does not exist. You probably updated your Tool database from V5.2 or previous version and didn’t copy custom tool files.

You have five options:
    1. Use the FlameRobin utility to edit the database and remove the SCCTL references.
    2. Copy your custom tool files from your V5.2 install folder (..\SURFCAM\Tool\) to the V6 location (C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\ToolCustm)
    3. Using the SURFCAM Tool manager find the tool that has the custom entry and remove it.
    4. Just deal with the pop-up
    5. Install the default database. Close SURFCAM, open C:\Program Files\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Def folder copy the SURFCAMLibrary.FDB and paste into the C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Config folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darinbee View Post
    Your Tool Library is referencing a custom tool or holder file (SCCTL) that does not exist. You probably updated your Tool database from V5.2 or previous version and didn’t copy custom tool files.

You have five options:
    1. Use the FlameRobin utility to edit the database and remove the SCCTL references.
    2. Copy your custom tool files from your V5.2 install folder (..\SURFCAM\Tool\) to the V6 location (C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\ToolCustm)
    3. Using the SURFCAM Tool manager find the tool that has the custom entry and remove it.
    4. Just deal with the pop-up
    5. Install the default database. Close SURFCAM, open C:\Program Files\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Def folder copy the SURFCAMLibrary.FDB and paste into the C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Config folder.
    Thanks for you help.

I did the following:

Then open Surfcam and the error was gone. Then copy a again a backup copy of library that I had to C:\Users\Public\SURFCAM\SURFCAM6\Config folder, and problem solved.

What is weird, is why with the same database that I use before gave me the error, and now with the same database the error is gone.

At least you were able to fix it.

Poor error checking on the programmers end of the software causes many grief for the end user.

Why was there no upgrade option from V5.2 to V6?