I'm starting to prep for a DIY CNC router build, and trying to get a handle on the software side of things

I've been using Pro/E for several years now for my modeling needs since I bought an academic version as an undergrad. I am now considering upgrading to their newest release (Creo 1.0) and noticed that they're now including something called CAM Lite that supposedly will output G-code. In theory this would be convenient for me, since it would shorten the software chain (I wouldn't need a program to convert model files to G-code)

However, a search on the PTC site for "cam lite" offers almost no explanation of capabilities, and then when I searched their forums I found this post:
I'm new to pro/E and Creo. I am having trouble with the expert machinist output to G-Code. My Machine tool does not like the format of the post processor. I have the basic 2 ½ D CAM that comes with Creo. The post outputs the tool path in as follows: N0012X00035Y0015F01. My machine tool interprets this as X=35 and Y=15. It should be X=0.35 and Y=1.5. In addition, can I adjust how the line numbers are generated? I would like to start at N0010 and increment by tens. I cannot find in the documentation how to change these formatting issues. I have tried using the NC Post Process under the Applications menu, but I’m not sure what It is actually doing. There is only the one default profile UNCX01 under the machine setup. And the list file says its using the UNCX01.p00 file (This file does not exist on my Hard drive.) So I’m at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I don't know enough to really appreciate what this means, other than he's having trouble making the adjustments that he needs. The response to this fellows inquiry is:
my colleague told me that "Expert machinist" module has significant limitation - it contains only one postprocessor (hard-coded). User cannot select different postprocessor. User also cannot modify the default postprocessor.

You have to use different manufacturing package to get requested output.
So this sounds like trouble to me. Apparently CAM-Lite is limited in some way (that I don't fully understand). The final post by the OP:
Thank you all for the reply and info. I did place a call to Tech. Support late last Thursday, and they confirmed that the base software is indeed limited. When I purchased pro/E a year ago I was under the impression (from the PTC rep.) that it came with a full 2.5D CAM package. It turns out that yes it doesn’t. It is more of a DEMO. It does alow you to generate the CL data in generic form, but only the default post is available for G-Code output. How disappointing.
I guess my question is - given that the program has some limitations, will it work for me? I'm probably going to upgrade to Creo anyway (yay student version), but I'm wondering if I need to plan and budget for another software package for G-code generation.

Thanks for the help!