587,691 active members*
3,698 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Cutter Comp in G3 line

Hybrid View

Cutter Comp in G3 line

I am having problems with X5 posting my g41 in the same line as my arc moves for my pocket finish lines. Is there and easy way to fix this?

Easy is a relative term. You did not give much detail. You did not post any files to show what has been done to this point. So from my viewpoint of attempting to help, that makes finding an answer extremely difficult.

Change the parameters for your lead in move. Chances are you will have to change the lead out also.

Try using a lead in of 60% and a rad of 20%.

Ok it is a very small pocket in stainless steel. I have adjusted my lead in and lead outs from 5% to 100% in 5% incriments. I am using the remachine feature starting with a 3/8 end mill then a 1/4 then a 5/32 then a 1/8 to get everything all cleaned out the 1/4 and the 5/32 are the ones causing the trouble.

Change lead in/out to perpendicular not tangent and put a radius of 0, then change your sweep accordingly to place the entrance/exit of the lead in/out to be where you want it to be.
    WANNA GO FASTER

You still did not post any files so anyone could see what you are actually doing. You write that you made changes. But we can't see those changes or the results.

Why did you choose the Remachining option?

Probably a better machining approach would be Standard for pocketing with the 0.375. Then run Contour with your other tools with Depth cuts and Multi passes to clean the corners.

You do not have to use Percentage to set Lead In and Lead Out. Type in the exact values you want in the box to the right of %.

Most controls do not like taking up ( or cancelling ) cutter comp on an arc
    so
    Depending on the comp type ( wear or control ) ( control has to have a movement of more than 50% of the cutter radius)
    - there must be a linear move on the lead in & lead out, the arc radius size, sweep, tangent/perpendicular are to suit the actual job

I tend to seperate the pocketing and the wall finishing for better control of sizes

HINT- for contouring ops.
    if you select a point before selecting a contour, you can have the tool plunge on this point & only have an arc on the lead in/out parameters, comp takeup should be on the movement to the start of the arc. --- this does not work on ramping

this method also works for pocketing (most times ), the point is the plunge point

I tweaked my posts to display an error, when posting, if the comp was applied on an arc