587,485 active members*
3,585 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo 3016 Tool Changer Recovery

Daewoo 3016 Tool Changer Recovery

We have an older 3016 with the "armless" ATC. Yesterday night the ATC hung up while putting a tool back in the spindle. All that the operator said is that it timed out and he didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Z, X and Y axes are at their tool change position. The "carousel" is at the spindle. M32 or M33 will not function to move it. The machine has not been turned off. I've cleared the tool out of the way.

The only issue I see is that the spindle spins freely and I can't figure out how to orient it at this point. M19 just gives a "time over" alarm.

The operators book doesn't seem to cover this scenario. I believe the M32 and M33 will only work when the spindle is oriented.

I called New Jersey and after about an hour of trying different things he told me to manually accuate the the carousel motor with the solenoid. He said he didn't know where it was but pull the electricals and find it.

I looked all over the place and can't find any kind of solenoid for that motor. I traced the wires back to the electrical cabinet, no solenoid. I see limit switches that the carousel hits, but that's it.

Does anyone know of a better way to get this up and running?

Got it. Another call to New Jersey and all is well.

Had to manually crank the motor back to "home" position. I suspect the spindle orientation kept the standard ATC recovery procedure from working.

For anyone reading this that has a similar problem:
    The procedure on a 3016 varies for the different styles of ATC

1.) Cam Style ATC
    a.) With ATC controls on the front panel
    Clear tool holders from wait pot and spindle
    Select manual mode on back ATC operation panel
    Select jog mode on front operation panel
    Use front panel Arm/Mag selector switch and rotation buttons to put into home position
    If reason for issue is unknown, test for proper "individual function" of the process before a tool change or error might occur.

b.) with Manual ATC recovery
    Turn OFF KATC Keep relay
    Move X, Y, and Z away
    Release Brake lever on M82 Motor
    Turn M82 motor with a socket wrench or its fan-blades to enable SX33 (changer arm home position)
    Reference all axes
    Turn ON KATC Keep relay
    If reason for issue is unknown, test for proper "individual function" of the process before a tool change or error might occur.

2.) ARMLESS ATC (umbrella-type)
    a.) Using cylinder to move Magazine
    Manually activate YV5B push-button on solenoid to move Magazine to HOME POSITION
    Verify with SX5B showing input on X2.6 (MHP.M)
    Home Machine

b.) Using motor to move Magazine
    Turn OFF KATC Keep Relay
    Remove Tools from Spindle and Wait pot
    Handwheel Z, Y, and X Axes away
    Dis-engage M82's brake via lever or relay (if needed)
    Turn M82 with socket wrench until SL32 is engaged
    Reference all Axes
    Turn ON KATC Keep Relay

If any of these instructions don't fit your machine, the specific instructions can be found in the Instruction, Specification, and Maintenance manual. The specific switch numbers and X-inputs can be found in the electrical or hardware manual, in the ATC section, under "CAM ATC ONLY" or "ARMLESS ATC ONLY"
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479