4,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 14 of 43 4121314151624

Re: David A's New 2x3 Bench Top CNC

Quote Originally Posted by davida1234 View Post
    OlfCNC, but that is another hardware you have to purchase
    and find a space for it, no? Can UCCNC do it without
    additional hardware, from within the software?

It is also like $150.
    Yes, you can do it with the UC100 too which does not have analog inputs.
    The methods are what I described previously. To use the on screen + and - SRO buttons or to connect external pushbuttons or to setup keyboard hotkeys or even all of them.
    All can control the same on screen SRO if you set them up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    That's not what I was asking. I wanted to know if it does the same thing Centroid does. Run the job at your programmed speed, but give you the ability to adjust the speed on the fly from the control panel if you want to.. Just like adjusting the feed rate while the job is running. Obviously perfect world you program the toolpath right to begin with, but you may want to adjust your feeds and speeds while the job is running. I was asking if you can change the spindle speed while you are running a job from the controller because from what he posted it didn't sound like it. Cnc12 has auto and manual mode for the spindle and while you are cutting you can switch to manual and adjust the spindle speed if you want to. I was asking if uccnc did the same thing because I assumed that it would, I thought all the different controllers did this. Sorry I wasn't clear with what I was asking.

Dan
    You're going to love the water cooled spindle and being able to have the software control it, they're so quite and work awesome. I just need to get a quiet shop vac and I'll be set lol. I don't even use my dust boot unless I'm cutting mdf because the vacuum is so loud that I just suck up the chips periodically. I really got to get a low decibel vac or build a enclosure with sound proofing.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Yes, you can do it with the UC100 too which does not have analog inputs.
    The methods are what I described previously. To use the on screen + and - SRO buttons or to connect external pushbuttons or to setup keyboard hotkeys or even all of them.
    All can control the same on screen SRO if you set them up for that.
    So it sounds like the two controllers do all the same things, does the uccnc run the gcode on the board or on the pc?

Dan

So it sounds like the two controllers do all the same things, does the uccnc run the gcode on the board or on the pc?

Dan
    I have no clue what this means,sorry.

I have no clue what this means,sorry.
    The Acorn has a processor on the breakout board that has the firmware on it and when you run a cnc program the Acorn runs the G-Code not the pc.. I was wondering if uccnc does it the same way or if it is like Mach where the pc runs the G-Code? I'm just trying to educate myself on the different low end controllers since I only have experience with Centroid Acorn.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    The Acorn has a processor on the breakout board that has the firmware on it and when you run a cnc program the Acorn runs the G-Code not the pc.. I was wondering if uccnc does it the same way or if it is like Mach where the pc runs the G-Code? I'm just trying to educate myself on the different low end controllers since I only have experience with Centroid Acorn.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Yes, the controllers have a processor. I think it does not run the g-code directly because then you would likely loose the ability to customise things, because you then have no more access to things on the PC side like how I see it with the acorn. that things seems to be written into stone and can't be changed by the users. With the uccnc you can customise things including macros, plugins, screen and so you are not at the mercy of the developers if you need to change/customise things.

I had the UT400 something with the ethernet control on my other CNC and it runs (I think) the Code from the board as it has a look ahead buffer.

Question on the Acorn, I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 Mb RAM and SSD sitting around doing nothing. Its not a whiz bang gaming computer more of a office one. NtI what are you running your system on?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

OlfCNC, but that is another hardware you have to purchase
    and find a space for it, no? Can UCCNC do it without
    additional hardware, from within the software?

It is also like $150.
    You have the UC100 you can use Mach3 and UCCNC Control Software for this same piece of hardware so right now you can try both
    Mactec54

Guys, thank you all for your inputs.

As I said, I am not a software guy or an
    electrician, all this info is a great way to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have the UC100 you can use Mach3 and UCCNC Control Software for this same piece of hardware so right now you can try both
    The UC100 works with mach4 too.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I had the UT400 something with the ethernet control on my other CNC and it runs (I think) the Code from the board as it has a look ahead buffer.

Question on the Acorn, I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 Mb RAM and SSD sitting around doing nothing. Its not a whiz bang gaming computer more of a office one. NtI what are you running your system on?
    I'm running it on a cheap referb Lenovo Think Center m92p with 8g ram a regular 500g hard drive and a Intel i5 3470 3.2g . You just need to look up the Processor and see what the single line score is, as long as it's 1500+ you should be fine. It's the processor speed that is more important than the memory, so all the other specs on your PC are good. Like I said you just need to see what processor it's running, I like the Lenovo s because there's a ton of referbs and they come with good processors. Here's what you need to look for.
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php....10GHz&id=2071
    Dan

The UC100 works with mach4 too.
    OlfCNC, looks like you have some experience with UC100 and UCCNC/Mach3/Mach4.

I have been running Mach3 with XP so far on my machines and it is OK for what I use it for.

Is the UCCNC combined with UC100 in any way superior or easier than Mach3 and UC100?

I have Windows10 on my laptop. Would Mach3 run on Windows10 with UC100?

I have been running Mach3 with XP so far on my machines and it is OK for what I use it for.

Is the UCCNC combined with UC100 in any way superior or easier than Mach3 and UC100?

I have Windows10 on my laptop. Would Mach3 run on Windows10 with UC100?
    David check over on the Mach General support Forum I think the guys are having issues with the combination. Gerry Ger21 is running UCCNC and seems happy, but I don't know if its on Windows 10? Frankly unless you have a need for Windows 10 I would stay with Windows 7. OlfCNC is also running it as you know.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

wmgeorge thanks,

The laptop I have came with Windows10 so that is what I
    would have to use. Don't have any other Windows laptop.

If there are problems with Mach3/Windows10, I will just use UCCNC.
    Never used UCCNC so I thought I learn one thing at a time.

Dan I have an older Dell and the CPU single thread is only rated at barely 1100. I have my two Lenovos in the Shop on on my laser and one on my Saturn II and on Windows 7 Pro, both run fine. I think they would do Win10 and Acorn but I hate to screw up a working system .

David like Dan says you get get Lenovos used for less than $200. The medical clinics here use them and lease, when they come off Lease its like getting a $2000 laptop for $200 and they usually have 8 or more Mb memory.

wmgeorge thanks,

The laptop I have came with Windows10 so that is what I
    would have to use. Don't have any other Windows laptop.

If there are problems with Mach3/Windows10, I will just use UCCNC.
    Never used UCCNC so I thought I learn one thing at a time.
    I'm running Windows 7. and it works fine but according to the UC100 manual it works on Windows 10 too.
    I have read something on the mach forum what wmgeorge mentioned that mach3 has some issues on Windows 10., but I don't remember the details. You should look it up or just try to run it to see if there are any problems.
    The UCCNC is very similar to Mach3 in how you using it so I think it will be not hard for you to learn it if you used mach3 before.

I have experience with Mach3 and UCCNC. I would not call it experience what I have with Mach4. I have tried to run it and it ran but I have never used it for real work.

I'm running Windows 7. and it works fine but according to the UC100 manual it works on Windows 10 too.
    I have read something on the mach forum what wmgeorge mentioned that mach3 has some issues on Windows 10., but I don't remember the details. You should look it up or just try to run it to see if there are any problems.
    The UCCNC is very similar to Mach3 in how you using it so I think it will be not hard for you to learn it if you used mach3 before.
    Mach3 works on Windows 10 depends on what version the latest update they did have an issue but have a plugin that makes it work as it should,
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Dan I have an older Dell and the CPU single thread is only rated at barely 1100. I have my two Lenovos in the Shop on on my laser and one on my Saturn II and on Windows 7 Pro, both run fine. I think they would do Win10 and Acorn but I hate to screw up a working system .

David like Dan says you get get Lenovos used for less than $200. The medical clinics here use them and lease, when they come off Lease its like getting a $2000 laptop for $200 and they usually have 8 or more Mb memory.
    Yeah we had a old HP from the bar and had the same score. That's why I grabbed one of the Lenovo Think Centers about $200 on Amazon. I also about a year ago got my ThinkPad w530 it was like $650 on eBay and has 16g RAM up to 32g, a 250g ssd has a NVDIAQuadro k2000m graphics card, a Intel HD4000 graphics card and a i7-3840 2.80GHz. I use it for my cad work and it kicks ass over most desktops. It's a huge brick of a laptop but I love the Lenovos since they are work stations and built like tanks. I didn't know that was where they came from makes sense on how you can get them so cheap and they look and function like brand new.

Dan

I ran Mach 3 on a SINGLE core 8 year old Atom net book with windows 7 and a USB BOB and it worked fine.

I'm fairly happy with the other windows 10 net book and Mach3. You do have to install the update as it wont run without it. The cheep ebay USB BOB is working fine.

I did turn off the wifi and sound.
    youtube videos of the G0704 under the name arizonavideo99

Page 14 of 43 4121314151624