588,337 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 40 of 43 303839404142

Re: David A's New 2x3 Bench Top CNC

Try higher the acceleration parameter of the axes, because when cutting curves then the axes always have to accelerate and deccelerate and that could limit your cutting speed.
    With a straight line it is accelerating up, going with programmed speed and deccelerating down. With a curve it is continous accelerations and deccelerations and if your axes acceleration is set low in the setup then the tool can not reach the target speed.

G0 is the rapid move and it is the fastest possible speed. The machine can move with that speed only if G0 is coded or if the F feedrate is set high than the maximum possible feedrate and G1, G2, G3 etc. is programmed with that feedrate.
    In the UCCNC you can check the toolpath, the G0 lines are drawn with different color (red). And you can also check your g-code file. You can scroll the g-code view to the specific line and then check if it is a G0 or else. The UCCNC draws the selected line with different color on the toolpath view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntl View Post
    Just curious why doesn't it rapid in between the cuts? Or do you have your rapids set really low? Just curious since I don't use UCCNC.
    I was doing some other stuff and my jogging speed was set at 50%.

Is that what you mean? And how would that be relevant to the actual cutting speed?

No, it does not matter what your jogging speed is set to. What matters if those lines are rapid or not, if they are programmed with G0 or not. If they are not then they will not run rapid.

Just curious why doesn't it rapid in between the cuts? Or do you have your rapids set really low? Just curious since I don't use UCCNC.
    Dan, if you question is why the machine goes back to starting position every time, I shot the
    movie in sequential parts so that I could change the rpm, vac the board and shoot the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    No, it does not matter what your jogging speed is set to. What matters if those lines are rapid or not, if they are programmed with G0 or not. If they are not then they will not run rapid.
    This is the tool path edit screen:
    Attachment 423158

And this the 1D @ 360 file:
    Attachment 423160

I ment the toolpath view in the UCCNC, if the lines are red (rapid moves) or not.

I am using Gerry's screen. I do not see a tool path tab
    nor could I find it in the manual or how to show that.

Perhaps Gerry might help with that.

I am not sure if that is what you want:
    Attachment 423162

Huh?! Not tool path tab, but tool path view where you see the drawing of the toolpath.
    I'm attaching a print of what I mean. You see the red lines are G0 rapids and the blue lines are G1 programmed feedrate moves.

I am sorry Olf,

I do not see those alternate view options on Gerry's
    screen set or maybe I do not know where to look for.

Just right click in the window and drag to rotate.

It's strange because it should move towards the cut and back away faster than the actual cut, and that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

OK, thank you.

It looks like those approach lines are red:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8355.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	423166

Quote Originally Posted by davida1234 View Post
    Dan, if you question is why the machine goes back to starting position every time, I shot the
    movie in sequential parts so that I could change the rpm, vac the board and shoot the next part.
    I was just wondering if when it first goes to the first cut from the tool change position and when it was done cutting and moved back if it was a rapid move "G0". Was the test cut done with Vectric or did you hand write the code or was it done with the conversational programing with in the control software?

I was just wondering why it was going slower than the cutting and was interested in seeing what the rapid moves look like on your machine. What kind of rapids will those machines be capable of?

I was just wondering if when it first goes to the first cut from the tool change position and when it was done cutting and moved back if it was a rapid move "G0". Was the test cut done with Vectric or did you hand write the code or was it done with the conversational programing with in the control software?
    The code was written in Vectric PP. It looks like it is a G0 as
    it is red as seen above. Maybe there is somewhere a setting
    where I can change the G0 speed. Just don't know where yet.

I was just wondering why it was going slower than the cutting and was interested in seeing what the rapid moves look like on your machine. What kind of rapids will those machines be capable of?
    The maximum speed of the rotating ball nut drive is about 750 ipm with a 5,000 rpm servo.

I have 3,200 rpm servos so the maximum speed on my machine is about 480 ipm.

The code was written in Vectric PP. It looks like it is a G0 as
    it is red as seen above. Maybe there is somewhere a setting
    where I can change the G0 speed. Just don't know where yet.

The maximum speed of the rotating ball nut drive is about 750 ipm with a 5,000 rpm servo.

I have 3,200 rpm servos so the maximum speed on my machine is about 480 ipm.

Maybe Gerry or Olif will chime in and tell you where you set the maximum speed. It looks like it could handle 600+ no problem with how it cut at 350. The machine turned out really nice David I'm looking forward to seeing it cutting some aluminum with your coolant set up.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you will be offering the rotating ball nuts. I'm interested in possibly switching out my rack and pinion for ball screws. I'm thinking I could maybe adapt your rotating ball nuts to my machine with some work on my end. I've been looking for them but haven't had much luck and I'm assuming that's why you designed your own.

Dan

What are both your X and Y axis velocity settings?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I am using Gerry's screen. I do not see a tool path tab
    nor could I find it in the manual or how to show that.

Perhaps Gerry might help with that.

I am not sure if that is what you want:
    Attachment 423162
    There is something strange with your program, your tool setup was for 360 IPM and in your program it has F850.4
    Mactec54

I think it is only possible that the red lines (G0) rapid is slower than the cut feedrate if the Y axis velocity is much lower than the X axis velocity.
    The cut is along the X axis and the rapid move is in an angle with XY. If the Y velocity setting is low then this rapid move will be limited by the Y axis velocity, because there is an Y axis movement component as it is an angled move and your Y axis cannot move faster than what you setup in the configuration and it will then limit the speed of this rapid move. while the X axis cut will be only limited by the X axis velocity setting and if it is higher than the Y then this cutting move will be faster than that angled rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    What are both your X and Y axis velocity settings?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    I think it is only possible that the red lines (G0) rapid is slower than the cut feedrate if the Y axis velocity is much lower than the X axis velocity.
    The cut is along the X axis and the rapid move is in an angle with XY. If the Y velocity setting is low then this rapid move will be limited by the Y axis velocity, because there is an Y axis movement component as it is an angled move and your Y axis cannot move faster than what you setup in the configuration and it will then limit the speed of this rapid move. while the X axis cut will be only limited by the X axis velocity setting and if it is higher than the Y then this cutting move will be faster than that angled rapid.
    It is 30 for both the X and Y.

Velocity, not acceleration.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

It is 400 for both axes:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8358.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	423184

Page 40 of 43 303839404142