587,935 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PowerMILL > Delcam products details

Question Delcam products details

Can anyone tell me about the details of each of the products of Delcam and what they do. i am really confused about the use of names and the website says (what i have understood) that all the products can do almost everything, so why different names are used for the same product??

Please tell me in detail about every product. Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Fangsoul,

Your right, the Delcam portfolio of products can seem rather daunting at first but this is due to Delcam's belief that a single piece of software can't fit every customers needs.
    This does mean that there is some crossover between the products and some shared ground and in some instances there are 2 Delcam products that could solve a particular customers needs.

Bart Simpson, the commercial Directer of Delcam explains this quite well at the IMTS show to MCADcafe, the link is here:
    IMTS 2010

The link below gives a short description of most of the software, if there is anything else you need to know feel free to ask.

Delcam’s Power Solution CADCAM Software

Hello andywarwick,

I really appreciated your response and the references that you provided. These are just phenomenal. I instantly got everything about the software and the target markets that each products is specially designed for.

Thanks for your reply.

and i have another question... which is better. Mastercam or Delcam? Iwould love to get similar response from you again.

Regards,
    fangsoul

Hi Fangsoul,

I can't really answer that question! I've only ever used Delcam products and I think there fantastic, I'm sure if you asked a MasterCAM user he would tell you MasterCAM is better.

I do think that given Delcam's unique approach in the way they make a product for a certain application they have a much stronger soloution than the MasterCAM product but again that is just me own personal opinion.

To be honest both Delcam and MasterCAM are both very very good and are probabley the best in the market so if you go with either of them I really don't think you will have a problem, although I would say Delcam have much better toolpaths!

Andy

That was very kind of you andywick of telling me about both the products...well almost both the products ;-).

I would definitely ask the same question from a MasterCAM user.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
    fangsoul

it would all depend on your needs

each soft ware is good in their own way . I prefer Delcam powermill my self/

best of luck

postprocessor error in PowerMill

My powermill is poping an error that says "Postprocessor Error - Failed to get translator version from registry". Does somebody knows what it meas?..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fangsoul View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the details of each of the products of Delcam and what they do. i am really confused about the use of names and the website says (what i have understood) that all the products can do almost everything, so why different names are used for the same product??

Please tell me in detail about every product. Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
    CAD CAM Software Solutions - Delcam

each software has their own specific operation

exp.

Powershape is aCAD software
    Powermill is a CAM sofware