587,853 active members*
3,392 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Delta VFD-M auto tune / sensorless mode questions

Delta VFD-M auto tune / sensorless mode questions

I just bought a Delta VFD-M (VFD015M21A ) to replace the present Cutler Hammer VFD on my bridgeport (Boss3, 2hp). I have done other vfd setups in the past but looking through the delta manual I am a bit confused.

Parameters 103 and 104 are for auto tune / sensorless operation it appears. Does the drive parameter get set to autotune and left there permanently or does that initiate a auto tune sequence that self terminates? I want to run in sensorless mode but the setup for that is not very clear in the manual.

Can anyone shed some light on the sensorless mode setup requirements for this drive?

Thanks,
    George

Re: Delta VFD-M auto tune / sensorless mode questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    I just bought a Delta VFD-M (VFD015M21A ) to replace the present Cutler Hammer VFD on my bridgeport (Boss3, 2hp). I have done other vfd setups in the past but looking through the delta manual I am a bit confused.

Parameters 103 and 104 are for auto tune / sensorless operation it appears. Does the drive parameter get set to autotune and left there permanently or does that initiate a auto tune sequence that self terminates? I want to run in sensorless mode but the setup for that is not very clear in the manual.

Can anyone shed some light on the sensorless mode setup requirements for this drive?

Thanks,
    George
    You first have to set your motor spec's and how you want the motor to run, then set it to auto tune, once the auto tune has gone through the process, it self terminates, and then it should be good to go
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You first have to set your motor spec's and how you want the motor to run, then set it to auto tune, once the auto tune has gone through the process, it self terminates, and then it should be good to go
    Thanks for the quick reply! There are 2 auto tune modes, one with "R" which is done with the motor unloaded. Do you think that mode is what I should use for a bridgeport? (put the backgear lever in neutral, varispeed head). Do I need to set the R value in its parameter (104?). The manual isn't very clear about this area. Good to know it self terminates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_NY View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! There are 2 auto tune modes, one with "R" which is done with the motor unloaded. Do you think that mode is what I should use for a bridgeport? (put the backgear lever in neutral, varispeed head). Do I need to set the R value in its parameter (104?). The manual isn't very clear about this area. Good to know it self terminates.
    Yes I would do it with the motor loaded, for best results, that means do not disengage the spindle, so I think that is 01 you will enter
    Mactec54