587,997 active members*
1,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

design of waterjet cutter

Hello to all, I am a student of engineering and am looking for help for the construction of a machine of cut with jet of water, the bounding ones that I have it is that alone I can use a machine that generates a pressure of 3000 psi and in addition to need to know also where I can obtain or to see the design of the mouthpiece, I wait for his response and thank you very much.

esnusnu,

3000 psi is not nearly high enough. Most waterjet machines have pumps that deliver 40,000 psi and above.

Save yourself the disappointment and build a plasma cutter. It is no small task to design or fabricate a pump capable of the high pressures necessary to cut metals, if this is indeed what you wish to cut.

hi zumba, well i now, the minimum pressure for this system, but im a research about if i can cut foam whit this pressure, and this is my cuestion: ¿where i can find information about this system and where i can find a design of nozzle for cut foam?

thanks

If you are only looking to cut foam, I would think a regular 0 degree pressure washer tip would be a good place to start.

Matt

Man... I sent some aluminium parts to waterjet cut and the pump its 60.000 psi...

It might be possible to build one but the price to build that would be unaffordable for anyone.... Unless ure Bill Gates son maybe...

Thoose high pressure water cleaning sistems gets like 2.500 psi the cheapest ones, some go to 4.000 and even more... But they cut what... grass? dirt...?

I think to cut a thin piece of mdf u migh need something like 20.000

Building a pump to deliver that pressure.... Its quite a mission.... And I bet it would be dangerous...

Zumba and Friends, fficeffice" />>>
    >>
    For cutting soft materials like rubber, plastics, carpet is needed at list 30.000 PSI, for cutting metal is needed at list 45.000PSI and with abrasive help.>>
    Is possible to find a lot of information in the WJTA (www,wjta.org) and if you are interesting in buy nozzles and orifices you can try www.iwpwaterjet.com>>
    100% sure forget about building nozzles, orifices or a UHP pump >>
    >>
    Good luck >>