587,999 active members*
2,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

digital-cnc to mach3

I have a mill with a digital-cnc retro fit. the software it uses is a dlx2000-10
    the problem I have is that it is DOS. It has been sitting in the shop and using it as a manual machine.
    I want to convert it to a controler that uses Mach3 software the motors are a shinano Kenshi
    1.8 degree
    2.8 volt
    2.8 amp
    6 wire motor
    the controller lnly uses four of the 6 wires.
    Does any one have an idea of a controoler that will be able yo use mach three?
    thanks Clint Beyer.

A Hobbycnc board will drive those motors for under $100.
    If you want better performance, go with Geckos for $400-$500.

www.hobbycnc.com
    www.geckodrive.com
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Does the operating system really matter? The motors connect to the driver and the driver acts under the influence of the computer. Step and direction signals would be the same from Dos or Windows, wouldn't they?
    I guess it does depend on how the drive is connected to the computer. If it is a parallel port though, I would think all you would need is Windows.

I am still too new at this. I have tried Dos once and quickly went to Mach 3 with Windows.
    I can handle Windows much better than Dos.
    Lee

I was in contact with the company they told me that they had a few customers that are successfully using Mach 3 instead of DLX-200 Dos software. The only thing they told me is Phase drive is the key.
    I asked them if they could put me in touch with any of their customers and then had no reply from the company. It would be easy to email the setting kind of like a post processor.
    so if any one is using Mach 3, I would kindly like to use the settings.
    Clint Beyer

What does the screen for the DOS software look like? Can you post it? Someone here may be able to identify it. It may not be proprietary, and it may leave you with more options than you think.
    I had a machine that ran on DOS software that came with it from the manufacturer, and was told that the software was proprietary as were the drivers. A couple years later when browsing CNC sites I came across a driver manufacturer and their driver software was almost identical to mine - in other words, my machines manufacturer had just used a commonly available driver and matching software and had only replaced the splash screen and skin. It wasn't proprietary at all. The driver companies website then gave me all the pinouts and technical info needed to use my own choice of software, which was Mach.

Identify the software and you can likely identify the hardware and what is needed to interface that hardware with Mach.

Thank you for the reply here is the skin I think or screen shot. let me know wht you think.
    Thanks

Clint
    Attached Files Attached Files