Login
Page 70 of 109 2060686970717280
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2171
    Quote Originally Posted by rokag3 View Post
    i am thinking to the
    IRG4BC20KDPBF-ND who is priced for 4.7 us$(Vces=600v Ic @ 25c=16A 25 khz
    having read the application notes of IR it seems that
    the Vgs of the irfp260 which is 10 V
    as to be put at least 12 V and better 15v when it become the Vge of the igbt
    there is built in diode and he can be replace pin by pin
    is this the perfect component?
    You are probably forgetting something; The same problem Tenmetalman and other people are experiencing will bite you as soon as you go over 100 volts DC or even before reaching that voltage.

Second, IGBTs will have more power dissipation than Mosfets due to their higher voltage drop, you will need a better heat-sink. You will also need to recalculate the gate driving circuit for your IGBTs.

Please, let us know the results.

Regards,

Kreutz.

hi can anybody help me with a lg900 60w laser software dsp4.0,

hi,
    and why not this solution ?

http://em.tycoelectronics.com/databo...623-F24-14.pdf

i have no idea of the price but it is very performing
    Mr Kreutz, i thank you for your reply, all your remark for igtb are justify but they are not up to date the new generations of igtb are more competitive than the mosfet regarding the power dissipation
    there is a lot to see and perhaps the use of such module might be cheaper at the end ?
    regarding the recalculation of the gate driving circuit , why not take a module with the gate driver included?

Quote Originally Posted by spacer777 View Post
    hi can anybody help me with a lg900 60w laser software dsp4.0,
    Hi Spacer
    This is a thread about building servo drivers. So not really the right place for your question.
    There are quite a few threads on lasers. (Look under "laser cutting machines") A few people have had some experience with the dsp4.0
    Try looking at this thread. Be warned it's a long read.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14100

Paul

Schematic?

The file servo.zip appears to be 404. I searched the first dozen pages of this thread, but couldn't find a valid link. Where can I get schematics, and PCB artwork?

Thanks

hi,
    and why not this solution ?

http://em.tycoelectronics.com/databo...623-F24-14.pdf

i have no idea of the price but it is very performing
    Mr Kreutz, i thank you for your reply, all your remark for igtb are justify but they are not up to date the new generations of igtb are more competitive than the mosfet regarding the power dissipation
    there is a lot to see and perhaps the use of such module might be cheaper at the end ?
    regarding the recalculation of the gate driving circuit , why not take a module with the gate driver included?
    Hello;

Very interesting, it is a "target device" data-sheet, it means that the device is being designed and it is not a "real part" data-sheet, I mean that most of the parameters are target parameters not the result of measurements on the devices.

Anyways, even those projected second generation IGBTs have a "typical" (projected) 1.63 Volts Vce(sat) at 50 Amps, that means a lot of heating even at 10Amps (16.3W power dissipation), not including switching losses, that is, considering that the Vce(sat) is still that low at 10 Amps. Compare that to the already available Mosfets with Low Rds(on).

So far, below 200 volts Mosfets still have "efficiency advantage". Over 200-250 volts there are other factors to consider that might make the designer decide to use IGBts.

I don't know about this specific module, normally they are not cheap. The good part of a design using modular power stages is that you don't get concerned with the gate driving, but there are other complications like ground loops that complicate a little the PCB design.

Thanks,

Kreutz.

Quote Originally Posted by sfa71 View Post
    The file servo.zip appears to be 404. I searched the first dozen pages of this thread, but couldn't find a valid link. Where can I get schematics, and PCB artwork?

Thanks
    Here:

http://www.uhu-servo.de/

Regards,

Kreutz.

He means the schematic and pcb layout that were in a zip file in the original posts. I have checked and the server is down. I have brought the matter to the attention of one of the moderators of the cncecke.de forum who will look into the matter.

Erik Jan
    What goes down, should come up.

Quote Originally Posted by ejkoeze View Post
    He means the schematic and pcb layout that were in a zip file in the original posts. I have checked and the server is down. I have brought the matter to the attention of one of the moderators of the cncecke.de forum who will look into the matter.

Erik Jan
    I am sorry...I forgot about the schematics being at cncecke.de

Regards,

Kreutz.

Success!!!

TESTED UP TO 185 VOLTS. My power supply capacitors are rated 200 Vdc, so this is the end of the test. Ran about 15 minutes of G code without problems (at 185 volts), the heat-sink is not even warm (tested without load on the motors). The tests were done running g-code and increasing 5 volts every 10 minutes from 35 Volts DC up to 185 Volts.

What is next is to cleanup the schematics and make a new PCB layout, after that I will deliver the information to Smarbaga and Tenmetalman, will also post the schematics as soon as it is tested again.

Regards,

Kreutz.

hi Kreutz,
    This is a great news,
    it open the way to use big dc motor for lathe
    those may have a lot of kinetic energy
    this schema that you have seen before with mention i will study it later,
    http://www.hv4all.com/cnc/RETURNED%2...Y%2520DUMP.pdf
    can be done very economically using a bulb lamp of 100 W 220V (39 Ohms)
    but you have such system embedded?
    regards Lucien

hi Kreutz,
    This is a great news,
    it open the way to use big dc motor for lathe
    those may have a lot of kinetic energy
    this schema that you have seen before with mention i will study it later,
    http://www.hv4all.com/cnc/RETURNED%2...Y%2520DUMP.pdf
    can be done very economically using a bulb lamp of 100 W 220V (39 Ohms)
    but you have such system embedded?
    regards Lucien
    Not on this board.

This one is only a little modified UHU board. I just modified the output stage for higher voltage and currents (included 2.5 uSec dead-time), replaced output mosfets, replaced gate drive circuit, designed output RLC filter, Replaced current measurement circuit, replaced current limit circuit and introduced a new current handling mode (Slow and Fast current limits) in order to get the maximum torque from the motors.

Other modifications include: a new differential encoder interface (with a DB-15 connector) that could be bypassed by the user in order to use single ended encoder interface, "no encoder" shutdown (when no encoder cable is connected to the board), added the USB connector and the RS-232 "isolated interface" using a DB-9 connector, the USB connector would be used to supply +5Volts and Ground from the PC to the non-isolated part of the board, that is, the communication interface, isolation is done by a "RF isolation chip instead of opto-isolation.

Modified also the "Emergency Stop" input and output interfaces and replaced the Motor and Motor voltage connectors (for Safety)

Regards,

Kreutz.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Success!!!

TESTED UP TO 185 VOLTS. My power supply capacitors are rated 200 Vdc, so this is the end of the test. Ran about 15 minutes of G code without problems (at 185 volts), the heat-sink is not even warm (tested without load on the motors). The tests were done running g-code and increasing 5 volts every 10 minutes from 35 Volts DC up to 185 Volts.

What is next is to cleanup the schematics and make a new PCB layout, after that I will deliver the information to Smarbaga and Tenmetalman, will also post the schematics as soon as it is tested again.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Kreutz, thanks for the update ! great to know that the new design is a success without much of problems. kindly do post the partlist so that we can start arranging for the parts.

Dont worry if its not finalized, just post when you can.

Thanks for the great update, You made our day!

RGDS
    Irfan

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    Kreutz, thanks for the update ! great to know that the new design is a success without much of problems. kindly do post the partlist so that we can start arranging for the parts.

Dont worry if its not finalized, just post when you can.

Thanks for the great update, You made our day!

RGDS
    Irfan
    Hello;

I will post the parts list as soon as finished the new schematics and PCB.

Some components are critical, no substitutions, please. Included are the current sensing resistors Qty= 2, 0.02 Ohm 3 Watt , Non inductive (I will post all the part numbers later), the output filter inductors Qty= 2, 1.2 uH @ 20 Amps., the power Mosfets: IRFP264, the Output RC filter components: 2.2 nF 630 Vdc, metalized polypropylene, (Qty=2) and 33 ohms 2 W resistors (qty=2) (non inductive ceramic composite), also the 470 uF/200 Volts (snap in), 100 KHz high ripple current. A couple of 100Kohm resistors are Critical, they must be 1/2 Watt carbon composite (due to the operating voltage). Also the reference current network resistors must be 1% resistors.

The current limit potentiometer must be a precision multi-turn potentiometer, and the Mosfet drivers are IR21844. Other critical components are the isolation chips, I will post all the part numbers later on.

Regards,

Kreutz.

i agree with contactirfu 100%
    you made our day and week
    thank you VERY MUCH

i agree with contactirfu 100%
    you made our day and week
    thank you VERY MUCH
    I really feel very happy about the outcome of the tests. I am sorry it took too long to materialize. Now I feel also a little more free to concentrate on other designs I am working on.

I want to give special Thanks to Tenmetalman and Smarbaga, and of course, to ULI for that little programmed chip that started all of this.

Regards,

Kreutz.

HI Tenmetalman and Smarbaga,

I have to congratulate you two for your your efforts combined with Kreutz to culminate in this high voltage driver.

This might be a great example of perseverance, knowledge and patience shared among all here.

Kreutz- since you tested this board from 35V upwards till 185V don't you think this is a good candidate for people using it for lower voltage too......probably a overkill but yet useful.

God bless all who have contributed towards this community effort and special thanks to Kreutz for taking up this project and sharing his knowledge, wisdom and time.

Hurrah! to all and boy ULI did a great job by programming the chip itself.

I am gonna organize a party at home for the family for this occasion. I am overjoyed and thanks all for making me feel so!

Have a good ONE!

CYA

Kreutz - any pictures of the completed boards would add to our happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    ....Kreutz- since you tested this board from 35V upwards till 185V don't you think this is a good candidate for people using it for lower voltage too......probably a overkill but yet useful.

CYA

It will be an overkill, for low voltage (< 60 Volts-DC) it will be even more efficient to use the IRF540, or a lower RDSon Mosfet, on the original design. This board will be a little more expensive, but the features added will make it more useful and safe. At least that was the intention behind the modification.

A picture of the prototype board will show a few modifications made on the fly. I will post it tomorrow. My test bench is a complete mess, I had to improvise a new high voltage (0-200Vdc) 3KVA isolated power supply a week ago, mine is traveling abroad with a friend (I am sure it added about 100 lbs to his baggage).

Talking Success

Kreutz,
    Just to say thanks on line so All wouldn't think I didn't know
    Thanks
    Paul:banana::banana::banana::cheers:

Page 70 of 109 2060686970717280