588,232 active members*
4,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dnc dripfeed for Dynapath Delta 10

I have a bridgeport that was retrofitted with a Dynapath Delta 10 controller and it will only accept 999 lines of code. I am trying to use CAM programs and with only 999 lines, you can't make much of a part. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this more usable with the large programs typical from CAM software. I have looked at DNC and Dripfeed methods and have come up empty handed.

Thanks,
    Todd

Todd,

Are you in Buffered Input mode (DNC) or are you trying to load the program into memory? I thought the Buffered Input option didn't become available until the Delta 20.

To see if you have Buffered Input, go to the Catalog Mode and type in RS232C as your program ID. Then press Mode Select. If you have the option, some of the mode selections will be missing.

If you don't have the option, you're pretty much out of luck.

Regards,
    Scott

I went through the process you described and it looks like I don't have the option. If I wanted to go to the Delta 20, is that just a matter of just changing like a CPU card? Or would it be much more involved than that?

Todd

Todd,

There's a good chance that you could go to the Delta 20 by just changing a board, but I couldn't say for sure. You may want to call Dynapath and ask them this. The two biggest hurdles you will face when upgrading are going to be setting up the parameters and the PLC. In your case, the Delta 10 is probably a PIC-less control. This just means that the control doesn't have a programmable PLC, but instead has predefined I/O wiring. But this is something you will need to determine when upgrading because if the new control has the PIC, a PLC program will need to be written for it.

If you want to go the upgrade route, I would suggest looking at something newer than a Delta 20. While there's still some around, they're not exactly the greatest for doing 3D work. I would look for at least a Delta 40, these at least have an option for a hard drive.

Regards,
    Scott

Drip Feed To Dynapath

I set all my sequence numbers to N1 with a find and replace tool in wordpad.
    You can have programs of any length and the drip feed will work fine.

Do you use a machine with a Delta 10 controller? Also, what do you use for the dripfeed program? I am a little lost, can you describe what you do in a little more detail?

Thanks for your time,
    Todd

One of my customers uses a Taiwanese Bridgeport clone fitted with a Dynapath 10 control.
    I use NClink Free, a DNC program written by ONECNC. I don't know if its still available, but it has a renumber utility which allows you to renumber all blocks but increment by 0. So all the block start with N1
    eg:
    N1 G90
    N1 G71
    N1 M6E1T1
    N1 M03
    N1 G00X-5.003Y-0.983
    N1 Z5.
    N1 Z3.
    N1 G01Z-5.F50

This gets around the problem of block numbers having to be present, but at the same time allows you to exceed N9999