588,535 active members*
4,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > DNC Feeding your Fanuc Controller

DNC Feeding your Fanuc Controller

If anyone cares, a real simple way to DNC Feed (drip feed) your Fanuc Controller is by using the Windows 3.0 or 3.1 Terminal to communicate with it. It's an extremely versatile communication package, which you can configure to match the parameters of your controller. Find an old 386 or 486 computer that's running on the Windows 3.1 or 3.0 O/S, and you're good to go. All you need to do is turn on the "TAPE" mode and press the "START CYCLE" button. You can also send your files / programs from your controller to your computer, download and save your parameters & diagnostics, etc..

Just my 2 cents worth, Gerry

B..b.b.but Hyperterminal is not

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gerry, I have also found Terminal a very good DNC program, Hyperterminal has problems using it for this purpose and its not as flexible ,Terminal will also run under Win95/98, I haven't tried it out on XP but I would think it would run ok.
    Al

Al,
    in Hyper terminal, how would I send a program to a Fanuc 0M controller?
    My Multi-DNC has died and I need to send programs an alternate way!
    Thanks for any help

I would forget Hyperterminal, either use the free-bee from Cadem http://www.cadem.com/ncnet/freednc.htm they also have the typical parameters for you 0M, or I could send you the Terminal program if you wish it is not very large. You would have to obtain the protocol parameters that your Fanuc is using, baud rate, stop bits etc.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Fanuc 3M DNC upgrade

Fanuc 3M DNC upgrades can be had from fanuc3mdripfeed.com which is a website dedicated to upgrading these old controllers. For more modern controls DNC is standard stuff, but the 3M control needs its EPROM chipsets replaced to acquire DNC. It takes about 20 minutes!

Not only do you get DNC, but the upgrade also deals with the other failings of the old 3M control: minimal memory, only 2 1/2 axis interpolation and original control EPROMs that start to bomb out after about 20 years (causing data scrambling, machine crashes and mother board failures) making control chip replacement an absolute must!

If you have an old Fanuc 3M check them out (fanuc3mdripfeed.com) and if you're willing to email them a file with your parameters and diagnostics data you get the whole chipset at half price (US$370 at time of writing this post).

Good luck!

DEAR SIR,
    Our machine memory is (8kb) with 2.5d it mean 3Axise no move at a time.It has very shot memory for part
    programing in 3d shape.I want to change my machine in "DNC" mode with 3Axise move at a time.What procedure apply to change my machine in "DNC"
    mode with complete 3Axise works at a time.Please you send
    me a complete detail information about "DNC" mode with complete 3Axise works at a time,and other detailed information.I am very thankfull to you if your urgent
    reply.
    Please you send me a your web page address.
    Machine name: "HESEGAWA" from (japan) (1984) cnc milling.
    Model no: FL-NC
    System: Fanuc 3M model-C,G-code.
    My name : FURQAN AHMED

Dear FURQAN AHMED,
    The website to visit is fanuc3mdripfeed.com

As explained in my post, all they do is DNC conversions for these Fanuc 3M controls. You will get the whole package: upgraded chips (in sockets), chip puller, anti-static wrist band, and all the help you want. Oh, and they also send you a link to down load free DNC link software plus the parameter settings for the 3M control.

Good luck!

you can also get that from astrixnet.com and nexasnet.com