587,913 active members*
4,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Xylotex > Does xylotex ever respond to email?

Does xylotex ever respond to email?

I've been trying to contact them for over a week with some questions about their 3 axis kit but they haven't responded. So now I'm not sure I should buy thru them since their customer service is so poor.

Any other companys with prebuilt kits simular to what xylotex is selling that I can buy? I don't want to do any soldering like the hobbycnc board.

He might be on vacation or something, because their customer service is usually outstanding. Anyone that owns one will tell you the same.

But, he doesn't always respond to email on weekends.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Excellent support previously

I have to agree with gerry on this one, i have their 3 Axis board, and have received excellent support and response time from them in the past.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    He might be on vacation or something, because their customer service is usually outstanding. Anyone that owns one will tell you the same.

But, he doesn't always respond to email on weekends.

Hello,

I've got to agree with the others. Jeff's customer service is excellent. I've noticed his xylotex yahoo group is a bit silent right now too...

As others have suggested, he's likely out of town, family emergency, vacation, etc.

I've recently become a "competitor" of sorts with xylotex because we offer our own 3 axis boards in addition to supporting his with pre-assembled system kits and mcu's.

In trying to find a way to contact you without posting here; I've discovered that the questions(s) you have are in relation to using two ports and two xylotex boards with Mach2/3.

Yes, you can do that. You also mentioned that you want to start with perhaps the Rockcliff design and graduate to something with more axes later. Yes, you can do that also, and the Rockcliff design is very simple and inexpensive to build.

You asked if there are other sources for items you may need. We have some things at www.cncresource.com that may be of interest. And remember, although we have our own boards, we ALSO support the xylotex boards directly with our white OEM MCU.

Ballendo

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG
    I've been trying to contact them for over a week with some questions about their 3 axis kit but they haven't responded. So now I'm not sure I should buy thru them since their customer service is so poor.

Any other companys with prebuilt kits simular to what xylotex is selling that I can buy? I don't want to do any soldering like the hobbycnc board.

I am considering a Xylotex purchase.
    I have had two e-mails within the past week or so.

I take it he's away right now since I emailed again 2 days ago. So I'm hesitant to order since I don't know when I'd be receiving it. I'm looking to build this right away.

Yes, you can do that. You also mentioned that you want to start with perhaps the Rockcliff design and graduate to something with more axes later. Yes, you can do that also, and the Rockcliff design is very simple and inexpensive to build.
    I've decided to go with the jgro plans instead, except I've modified it to use the moving table method (y axis).

You asked if there are other sources for items you may need. We have some things at www.cncresource.com that may be of interest. And remember, although we have our own boards, we ALSO support the xylotex boards directly with our white OEM MCU.
    Is the kit you sell similar to the Xylotex kit? If I bought that would I need any additional electrical hardware to run it? I'm asking because I'm not exactly sure on what I need. I just know I need the CNC machine itself, computer, motors, CAM software and the equipment to connect everthing. And would I be able to upgrade to a 5 axis system later if I decide to do so? I take I would be able to.

Sorry I'm so ignorant on the subject (still learning).

I would wait to get a reply. I contacted him with a few noob questions to start and he was always very nice and respnded promptly... more than I can say for other vendors with similar products.

I did not buy from him in the end as I won a lot of drivers off eBay for a sweet deal. If the deal did not exist, I would have bought his.

mjarus.

I'll probably give it to the end of the week since I'm going to need some time to build the machine.

Well I just read the discription on the hardware you sell ballendo, and it apears to include everything I need. Including 200 oz.in. motors as an upgrade. Plus your kit is housed in its own box unlike the Xylotex kit. I like that. Do you have the 200 oz.in. motors in stock?

I see in the description that the kit is capable of 6 axis as well. How would that be accomplished if I decide to upgrade to 5 axis? What would I need?

We should move this conversation...

John,

I appreciate your interest, but feel uncomfortable "selling" our products in a xylotex thread. I hope you don't mind us moving the conversation across to our product announcement thread here at CNCzone? (A search on ballendo will turn it up near the top of my posts)

Ballendo
    CNCresource Support

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG
    I take it he's away right now since I emailed again 2 days ago. So I'm hesitant to order since I don't know when I'd be receiving it. I'm looking to build this right away.

I've decided to go with the jgro plans instead, except I've modified it to use the moving table method (y axis).

Is the kit you sell similar to the Xylotex kit? If I bought that would I need any additional electrical hardware to run it? I'm asking because I'm not exactly sure on what I need. I just know I need the CNC machine itself, computer, motors, CAM software and the equipment to connect everthing. And would I be able to upgrade to a 5 axis system later if I decide to do so? I take I would be able to.

Sorry I'm so ignorant on the subject (still learning).

I have had several questions before and after i purchased a board from xylotex he always has been prompt about everything. plan on doing purchasing more stuff for my next build.

I got an answer after bout 1week, and it was a lengthy question email that I sent, so hang in there if still awwaiting . I think they handle alot of ther business like shipping during week, and answer email an such mostly on weekends to catch up....Just postulating

:withstupi