588,141 active members*
6,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Download programs from controller thru RS232

Question Download programs from controller thru RS232

Hello to you all. Firstly I have to admit, that I'm complete newbie and that I have never worked with CNC machines. Our molding department came up to me if I can help download the programs from machine, because they suppose to ship it to our supplier. The machine is LYNX220 with Daewoo Fanuc I series controller. I read thru the manual and they talk only about special floppy adapter and NC tape. (NC Tape in 2009????? )
    Can PLEASE somebody here help me and let me know if there is a way to connect laptop to it thru the RS232C 25pin connector?
    All help and replies are appreciated.

You will need communication software to do this. Check out this link. http://www.soft3k.com/easyDncXP-p1024.htm. You will need an RS232 cable wired with the correct pinout. Fanuc should be able to provide you with this pinout, but it will be up to you to solder all the little wires in the correct place. I have tried null modem cables without much luck. Look at the attachment for instruction on how to make this work after you have filled the above criteria.

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can also purchase a Compact Flash and PCMCIA CF adapter and download the programs to the card via the PCMCIA slot to the left of the LCD display. Then transfer the programs from the card to the notebook. Total cost about $20 - $30.

Lightbulb

Hello guys,
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions. After a lot of "Googling" we indeed found and PCMCIA port at the back of the machine when we opened a cover and were able to transfer the data that way. It would be nice if they would mention that slot in the manual though....
    Thanks again!
    Marty

Correct wire connections and software advise plus procedure

Friends:

I have all information at the shop, how to make the cable and even how to connect to a USB port in the computer. Plus suggestion for the software and procedure to get files into the controller and from the controller to the computer. I will exchange for the procedure on how to use the pcmcia card, correct controller settings to operate the controller from the card in order to increase memmory capacity.

Thanks.

pcmia

to set up pcmia very simple.
    press offset> offset> should bring u to Handy Setting page top of page says PWE etc switch to channell 4 this activates pcmia......Forget the rs232, thats a pain in the A.. for what yur doing.
    As far as running off the card for increased memory.......unless your making molds (over 1 mg) dont. If u need the room its called running DNC it is in your manual or i can post if u need. Problem with this is u cant edit programs on the crt, you'll need to go back to pc edit then back to fanuc which is a pain.

von007
    Chips AHOY