588,033 active members*
5,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DRO for Tree 2uvrc

I was wondering what is the best recommendation for a DRO set up on a Tree 2uvrc.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

I think I would go with newell there very flexable and very good dro's.

Has anyone figured out a good way of mounting a DRO scale to the quill on a 2UVR/C?

I would also be interested in finding out how to mount the DRO to the quill.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

you make a bracket to attach the the reader to the depth stop mechanism on the front......

EDIT:
    eww, i see it's not exposed like a b'port

perhaps, there is a possibility of attaching a braclet to the end of the quill?

or to the top of the drawbar with a bearing

Mitutoyo DRO for 2UVR

I just put a Mitutoyo 2 axis DRO on my 2UVR about 6 months ago. It works great. I bought it on ebay brand new for $850. It came with all the brackets to mount to a bridgeport but none of them worked so I fabbed all my own mounting hardware. I can't say enough good things about the DRO. It works good, it withstands lots of abuse and it has cut my tolerances is half.

Quote Originally Posted by todd_351
    I just put a Mitutoyo 2 axis DRO on my 2UVR about 6 months ago. It works great. I bought it on ebay brand new for $850. It came with all the brackets to mount to a bridgeport but none of them worked so I fabbed all my own mounting hardware. I can't say enough good things about the DRO. It works good, it withstands lots of abuse and it has cut my tolerances is half.

Mind posting some pics of the install? Please excuse my ignorance, but do you have to drill and tap the castings?

Thanks

Jason

Here are some pictures. They are too big to upload so I put them on Yahoo.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/todd35...?.dir=/a1dcscd

Yes, I had to drill and tap the castings. The X scale is attached directly to the table and for the Y scale I made a bracket out of angle iron that attaches to existing bolts under the left side of the table. Both of the read heads have custom brackets that are bolted to the castings.

Hi,
    I recentely bought 2 VGC machine, over all it is nice machine and in very good condition, but I cant activate quill feed. When I engage a up / down lever with front feed engage lever turned ccv, hand wheel wor manual feeding rotate but quill doesn't move (with spindel revolving).
    May you or anybody else help me. Thank you in advance.
    Vladintool