588,130 active members*
5,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > E stop alarm initial start up?

E stop alarm initial start up?

Hey guys! We just received a lightly used okuma MA 650 with a ISP P200 controller. My problem is when I try to fire it up it alarms "alarm A 1701 E stop" I brought up the info on the screen and it says a E stop button is depressed. This is not the case. Also all of the switches were removed and checked. They are all functioning properly. Anyone have any suggestions?

is the chip conveyor plugged in correctly?

That's another thing I havn't quite figured out yet. I put the chip conveyor plugs in the designated sockets but the conveyor doesn't want to operate? Spent a little time looking thru peramiters to source out something for the conveyor but didn't see anything.thought these two may be connected....

Sometimes there are "remote" E-stops used for peripheral equipment that had jumpers removed inside the control. Check your electrical diagrams for the machine and trace the E-stop circuit to see if any of the jumpers are missing. Sometimes they are still in the electrical cabinet and are short yellow wires laying in the bottom. Match up the wire numbers according to the electrical specs.

Other than that, check all around the machine. Control, tool magazine, pallet changer, to make sure none are tripped. Does your chip conveyor have e-stops? Some specials did, but most did not. Any mismatched plug dealing with e-stop could cause it...

Best regards,