587,171 active members*
3,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Edgecam use on a network

Edgecam use on a network

Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out our toolstore and toolkits and so on on edgecam here. At the moment, everyone has an inidividual toolstore on their local hardrives. I want to set it up so we're all looking at a common toolstore, toolkits, and so on, which will be kept on our shared network.

How do I change the file locations that edgecam looks at?

i don't have 12.5 yet, but in most verisions you go inside edgecam to options/preferences/tool libraries and set the location there.

you will have to do that at every seat

hmm, they've messed about with SQL databases now, so you can't easily change that. Time to talk to the IT dept I think for that.

What about the other file locations though, like where the posts are kept and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by inflateable View Post
    hmm, they've messed about with SQL databases now, so you can't easily change that. Time to talk to the IT dept I think for that.

What about the other file locations though, like where the posts are kept and so on?
    I don't know about SQL but I have asked my reseller if there was a way to setup directory structure so that depending on what post you use is where your files save. Also asked if there was a way to assign default locations for post and the like. I never got a response so don't know if its possible.
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better!!!

If you go to Start / Programs / Edgecam / Utilities inside there there is an option for Network Location. You browse to your location and that users are using the code generators, PDI's and configuration files. It basically puts the Support folder on a server. For the toolstore, in versions 12 and 12.5 you have to install the toolstore on the server - There are instructions on the install screen when you put the Edgecam dvd in. You then have to locally set the location using the Toolstore Administrator.
    Mike W.