587,383 active members*
3,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > Emergency tripped but motors still engaged

Emergency tripped but motors still engaged

I am having problems with a home built machine that has been working great for about a year. I use Mach3 and a Gecko 540 board with a Smoothstepper. When I tried to zero the y axis, the emergency stop button on Mach3 was tripped. However, the motors are still on. To get Mach3 to turn the emergency button to green, I have to reload Mach3. When I touch any key on the keyboard, the same problem occurs.

If you have any suggestions on what could be causing this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Emergency tripped but motors still engaged

Actually, the motors are off when the emergency mode is activated. The first time I did this, the motors seemed to be engaged since the gantry would not move.

I have restarted the smoothstepper twice. I've checked all my connections. The options I can think of are to replace the smoothstepper, or replace the Gecko 540 board, and/or reload Mach3. I'm a little clueless as to which one would be the best to try. Any ideas?

Thanks