587,283 active members*
3,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > End Mills and Engraving Bits For CNC Router

Smile End Mills and Engraving Bits For CNC Router

Get what you want from us ! Let our mills and bits to be your working partners!

The end mills and engraving bits produced by our factory have high efficiency in aluminum, acrylic, PVC, ABS, MDF, plastic, softwood and hardwood, marble and granite, whatever in cutting and engraving.

Quality and service are first! Price to make you smile! We want to find you to be our customers and agents to build a stronger business!

Please send me email: [email protected] if you are interest, thanks!

Set up a web site with online ordering and you'll sell a lot more than by just giving an email address.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Granite?

Really? I never knew you could cut granite with endmills; all I've seen are massive sintered-diamond tools. How are these endmills constructed, what speeds and feeds are recommended, how much do they cost, and how long will they last?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Hello Gerry,

Thank you for your kind & good advice!!

Best regards,
    Cindy

Hello Awerby,

The end mills for marble and granite produced by our factory are made from silicon carbide and PCD, there are more than twenty sizes and shapes to these end mills. The price is: from US dollars 5 to US dollars 70 . How's its wear resistance? How's the feeds? It depends on which size and shape, which material you want, how's your CNC router .

Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Cindy

Are these two different types of endmill

or a combination of those materials? I've used silicon carbide grinding wheels before, but that material wouldn't last long as an endmill; it would constantly be wearing away.

Polycrystaline diamond (PCD) sounds like a better bet; are these tools sintered (with the diamond throughout the material) or plated (with diamond adhered to the outside of the shape)?

So if we used a PCD endmill, say a 1cm round end type, how long a cut would it be able to make cutting 1mm deep in granite before it wore out? What would be the optimum feedrate for that? Does it need water coolant, or can it work dry?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Quote Originally Posted by endmills world View Post
    Hello Awerby,

The end mills for marble and granite produced by our factory are made from silicon carbide and PCD, there are more than twenty sizes and shapes to these end mills. The price is: from US dollars 5 to US dollars 70 . How's its wear resistance? How's the feeds? It depends on which size and shape, which material you want, how's your CNC router .

Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Cindy

Hi Andrew,

The endmills only made from silicon carbide tend to wear away quickly, as you experienced, so, it need to combine with other material to produce for improving its life time.

The endmills plated with PCD, NOT sintered, sintered is very expensive for the customers! As your example, the endmill should have withstood about 3 hours before its thoughly wore out. My advice for the splindle speed go to 9000 rmp, here its formula: Chipload x ( # of cutting edges ) x rmp = feedrate. Because during the course of operation on the granite, will generate a lot of heat, so, it must be accompanied with water or coolant! I also sell CNC router specified for stone, it along with a tube to fill water.