587,603 active members*
3,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

error on Haas VF2 with I & J

Having some issues with errors while using I & J codes.

Several times I've had errors on the machine while trying to cut a profile with cutter compensation. It seems that the I & J numbers generated just don't match with the centre point of the rad.

I've got around it by either using 'arc approximation' so that all the moves are linear moves. Or I've changed my GPP file to output 'R' moves instead of I & J.

Anyone had this problem?

Any ideas for a solution?

It's just a bit of a pain when it goes 9/10ths of the way through a 3D finishing cut and then errors out :-(

Cheers, and a Happy New Year to all.

Hi Matt

On Fanuc equipped machines you can change the tolerance of arc mis-match with a parameter. I don't know if this is the case on Haas.

You are only looking for microns. Do you run you machine in metric or imperial? I have had experience of programs faulting out because of floating point errors due to the conversion process inherent in the control eg Fanuc is 'metric native' and when you run the control in imperial mode there are tiny, tiny errors - tenths of microns - that in the main cause no problems. But put some trigonometry in the mix and all of a sudden you get CRC alarms.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Good luck with it

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks. Yes, on the FANUC it's parameter 3410, but I don't think that the Haas has that option. Maybe I need to look at my GPP file and find out why it's off.

Mostly, if I'm roughing and not using compensation then the code is fine and works ok, but it has the odd hiccup.

Both my fanuc and Haas posts are generated in Metric. As I do mostly my own designed work I always do it in metric.

Perhaps an extra decimal place is necessary or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpatt View Post
    Hi Bob,

Thanks. Yes, on the FANUC it's parameter 3410, but I don't think that the Haas has that option. Maybe I need to look at my GPP file and find out why it's off.

Mostly, if I'm roughing and not using compensation then the code is fine and works ok, but it has the odd hiccup.

Both my fanuc and Haas posts are generated in Metric. As I do mostly my own designed work I always do it in metric.

Perhaps an extra decimal place is necessary or something.

I think I'm having a similar problem. Did you ever find a solution on the controller level? Re-posting isn't an option for me unfortunately.

Haven't found a solution as yet. Just working around it. Probably not the best thing to do but it works for me.

it sounds like your post is outputting arcs smaller than your machine can cut. there should be a minimum arc setting in your post. if not you should contact Solidcam and get it added,

Re: error on Haas VF2 with I & J

hi,

Send me prz.file part, I will see my g code.
    Then we'll compare my and your g code.
    I'm working on hass no problem ..

greeting