588,227 active members*
4,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Excitech 1212 Setup HELP!!!

I’m “Looking” for some HELP setting up an Excitech SHG-1212 router machine & V Carvepro software.
    I am under the assumption that an output file from Vectric Vcarve Pro should run according to the tool database settings within the program.

Using the correct output perimeter of mm’s the 1212 defaults to machine speed and feeds (way to fast) when running the U Disk file. I am missing something in the DMO machine setup that allows the U file to run according to the Vcarve Pro software.

I live in Southern Ca. Trying to find someone I can talk to that has both an Excitech machine with Digital readout and VcarvePro. I read the manual but still missing something!!!

Yes…….I am new and lost in the world of CNC…..BUT excited about learning!

Wink V Carve Pro settings

G`day SEAL, Our software is set for " G -Code arcs mm ", however as you are probably still using imperial sizing is there a G -Code arcs inches setting?
    If in doubt hop onto the vectric forum and ask the question. I am at home and do not have V Carve Pro on this computer.

Rocket.

G`day to you rocket67,
    THANKS for the reply
    My question is on "Setting up a Excitech DMO Digital readout connected to their router machine"!
    No problem with your software or outputting file, just can't get the machine to "SLOW DOWN" when running a file on U disk!

I don't think that the DSP always (if at all ) recognises the speed commands in the G-code. I set the speed of cut on the DSP anyhow.

Shannon.

I have only had a short play on one of those Excitech DSP pendant thigies.

But as I remember there is a parameter on it you can set to make it take feed rates from gcode.

If this is not set then it takes no notice of the feedrates in the gcode and uses whatever feedrates are set on the pendant.

Also I believe, there is no way to make it set spindle speed from gcode. That must be set manually on the VFD.

Greg

Thank you Greolt and Big S for your reply
    New Info in from Excitech I received today:

"It is easy to setup the machine to run the file from the U Disk at the speeds from the Ucancam file.
    Please go to
    Menu--AUTO PRO SETUP--G code Read Setup--F Read, Enable.
    Done.
    Best Regards
    Ronny”

If this works I will have to find out how to adjust the VFD for the spindle speed....I am pretty sure mine is running at max of 24,000 rpm. I am a little hesitant of messing it up, anyone got a quick answer on VFD adjustment?

Yeah that's about what I remember.

The VFD will either have a knob to turn, or up and down arrows. Just have a try you won't hurt it.

Greg

UPDATE:

Well it appears that there must be "Another Magic Key" needed to make the DSP recognize U file tool speeds and feeds:

"It is easy to setup the machine to run the file from the U Disk at the speeds from the Ucancam file. Please go to
    Menu--AUTO PRO SETUP--G code Read Setup--F Read, Enable".....

DOESN'T WORK

When you say it does not work do you mean it is still taking no notice of the F commands in the gcode?

Does the gcode you are using have F commands in it? I ask this because the gcode sample that was given with the machine I used had no F commands.

Perhaps the software that comes with it (ucancam??) does not issue F commands in the gcode it produces.

If you are not sure then try running this gcode,

G1 X100 F500
    G1 X200 F100
    G1 X300 F1000

Or if using imperial,

G1 X4 F20
    G1 X8 F4
    G1 X12 F40

Greg

Exclamation

Greg,

it is still taking no notice of the F commands in the gcode?
    .....Correct!

I think I am "Mudding up the waters".

When I initially contacted the gentleman from China, Ronny, I told him I was using the Ucancam software so as not to complicate the issue or question. Actually I am focusing my efforts on the VCarve Pro software that I read is being used by many others on this site. Ronny stated: [QUOTE]Menu--AUTO PRO SETUP--G code Read Setup--F Read, Enable"[/QUOTE]
    This has proved Unsuccessful!
    The machine appears to be well made but without a user manual......I'm shooting in the dark for answers!

I do not know if the VCarve Pro software I am using using has F commands in it. I will try to run your sample G code but as I noted early on my knowledge in the CNC world is quite limited.

Thank you for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Had the Same Problem

Sir (I dont know your name),

I had the same problem with some of the Excitech systems we dealt with. The resolution may depend on which version of their DSP controller you have. What I call the "old" version, which is the first one I used, would never pay attention to F speeds. I had to set the speeds from within the ZHBUSBCONNECT.exe program, then Re-send the file to the handheld each time I wanted to change the cut speed.

The later version of the handheld paid attention to the F commands, I believe, Once I set the setting you were talking about earlier. I believe I have one of those handhelds in storage, as well. If need be, I might can dig it up and see what I can figure out.

Why don't you create a Gcode file of cutting a simple rectangle or circles and send a copy of the G-code for me to look at. Also, send a photo of your handheld along with a model number if you have it. Maybe I can help.

Josh Glenn
    www.camaster.com
    www.cncexperts.com

The blokes in the posts above know their stuff!

So forgive me for butting in.

As i understand it - you need to know how to alter your spindle speed. We do not know how to do this within a program, however here is a good explanation of how to alter spindle speed through the inverter. This was written by Shannon ( Big S ) when i put a similar question to him in an Email -

The inverter keypad is quite simple once you know how to adjust the speed. If you push the mode button it toggles through the display settings and then after 5 or 6 settings it returns to theoriginal display. On one of the settings there will be the 0 at the right of the display flashing. If you then use the across arrow button till it gets the first digit flashing, you can change it with the up and down arrows ( you can change any of the digits to set the output speed ).
    If it is on 400 ( hz ) that would mean an output rpm of 24,000 for a 2 pole spindle. Shannon has been warming his spindle up each time he uses it by starting it for 2 minutes on 200hz ( 12,000 rpm ) and then 2 minutes on 300hz ( 18,000 rpm ). If he is going to use the spindle at 24,000rpm he will warm it up at that speed also, but he mostly uses it at 18,000 rpm.

Thanks Shannon - hope you don`t mind me pinching your written work.
    For SEALvet2 - It should answer his question and get him cutting.

Rocket.

Thanks Rocket,

I hadn't got around to replying, saves me some typing

Shannon.

Rocket, Good Advice on Spindle Speed Setting...

Rocket. Good advice on the spindle speed settings. While machines can be set up to set the speeds automatically, most of the Excitech machines I have experience with don't, you set the speeds from the keypad.

Josh Glenn
    ------------

Thanks Josh

But it was Shannon who wrote about it in response to an email.

I know that you have a lot of experience with the Excitech. We are very happy with ours, but i certainly agree that it needs to be supplied with a more comprehensible operation manual. I believe that somebody may be writing one at the moment.

Have seen your high octane videos of your camaster machines - great work!

Hope you sell lots of machines at the IWF.

Rocket.

Thanks, Rocket.

Thanks, Rocket. I really appreciate it. That means an awful lot.

Josh Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    But it was Shannon who wrote about it in response to an email.

I know that you have a lot of experience with the Excitech. We are very happy with ours, but i certainly agree that it needs to be supplied with a more comprehensible operation manual. I believe that somebody may be writing one at the moment.

Have seen your high octane videos of your camaster machines - great work!

Hope you sell lots of machines at the IWF.

Rocket.

Smile So - how are you goin mate?

Sealvet, I believe that you have made progress with your Excitech, so how is it?

The cd`s that you had enquired about - I will ask Ramon if he can burn them on the computer. If he can i will let you know and you could email a postal address so that i can send them to you.

Did you buy your machine new or used?

Rocket.

UPDATE.....some good, some not so good

First off:
    [QUOTE]"It is easy to setup the machine to run the file from the U Disk at the speeds from the Ucancam file. Please go to
    Menu--AUTO PRO SETUP--G code Read Setup--F Read, Enable".....[/
    QUOTE]

Does in fact "WORK"

It was a problem with using the wrong output to the machine....I was using G code ARCS (mm) but need to use G code (mm) (*.tap). I really would like to Thank Josh Josh Glenn aka highoctanecnc of www.camaster.com for pointing out this error. The truth is most people may prefer to use the DSP option for setting the feed and spindle speed rate.........I just wanted to share another option.

I sincerely appreciate all the information I have received from everyone on this site.........THANK YOU!

rocket 67
    I bought my machine "NEW" from a private party who purchased 3 at the time, it had never been uncrated. That is part of the problem as China doesn't know me and the seller is pretty busy for assisting......I contacted www.tigertec.us, a USA distributer of Excitech and he seems rather reluctant to well offer support or tell me what it would cost to convert the DSP to Mach3 which is now available on the latest machines................ I'm still as to what the real problem is...........
    As far as the cd's go............I wish I knew if I need them or not, my DSP reads as version is 1.2

DSP system is just fine!

Hi Sealvet, no need to worry about converting to mach3 straight away. We are quite fond of our DSP controller. it does everything it should. The only point i would make is that you need to make a very secure connection where the cable for the DSP fits into the control box. If you do not secure it -it is only a matter of time until somebody trips over the cable which will result in bent pins and associated problems.

I believe that Matty Zee and Kent Norway are looking into the mach3 conversion. We do not want to mess around with our 1500 x 3000 machine or controller. - It aint broke - so why fix it.

Pity that the person who supplied your machine will not assist you to get running, but you will find that any questions that you have can be answered here by the members .... They are a great bunch of blokes.

I am off down to the South East for a few days so i will be offline. See y`all when i get back.

Rocket.

help

Hello
    The company that work has just acquired a CNC SHM 1212, most do not have the slightest idea of how do I install the software programming of the machine and I do not like the configuration of the same. I need someone please help me.

Regards,
    Diego Donatti Moura
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯
    Milan Furniture Ind. and Trade Ltda.
    Furniture and Office of School
    Phone: (65) 3624-2121
    E-mail: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12