588,522 active members*
7,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 109 of 131 95999107108109110111119
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    Marco,

I am not sure about the inverter settings, but if you have a sharp cutter you should be able to cut acrylic at max rpm. Just keep your feed rates higher to prevent melting, With a 6mm single flute cutter you should be around 1.5 - 3.0 m/min at the slowest, a faster feed if you are using a double flute cutter. If the plastic is melting, the cutter is too blunt or you are feeding to slow. If the edge of the acrylic is chipping and the cutter is sharp the feed is too high. Personally I have found that acrylic is reasonably forgiving of feed rates.

Shannon.
    Hello,
    You were absolutely right! I tried an old cutter and it didn't work to well (the acrylic melted to my cutter), and then I tried a brand new 2 flute cutter and everything worked out fine. Thanks for the help

Ok, a picture from my dust shoe so far. It is not finished of course (as you can see) but maybe you get the idea. I hope it will work. Tomorrow I will try to continue with it.

I only had 4mm acrylic but I wanted it to be thicker. So I glued 2 pieces together. It works, but isn't very pretty (you can see air-bubbles, and you can see the glue isn't everywhere). But for my dustshoe it is good enough (for now).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01226.jpg  

Hello,

Don't know if anybody is interested, but I thought I would post a few pictures of my dust shoe progress. I am not happy yet with the long things that should prevent the shoe from lowering (the shoe has a tite fit around the spindle, so it stays on without those long things). I will probably change something there.

I have bend the acrylic which wasn't even that hard (I had never done it before). Now I still need to install the brushes. Well, not brushes actually, but I don't know the English word for it. This is what I mean :
    http://www.energy-technic.com/Strokengordijnen.jpg
    I will use a small piece, it is very flexible (only 2mm thick). I hope it works.

Regards
    Marco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01229.jpg   DSC01230.jpg  

Looking good, keep the pics coming.

Shannon.

I use brushes that I got from Sealeze they are bendable and give me a nice seal.

Excitech SHM0609 Router

Ok guys,

I have just received an email back from Taney at Excitech with prices for the SHM0609 CNC router and additional parts.
    Although the machine description says (Ucancam software and Type3) so I don't know if the software is included or if it has to be added to the total cost. He is getting back to me on the shipping cost in to Tasmania.
    It all seems pretty cheap. Would have been even cheaper before the Aussie dollar turned to sh!t.
    I'm going to find out about a few other extras like an up rated spindle motor and a tool setter option.
    What are your thoughts on the Type3 software?

Regards,
    Dave.
    Boulder Creek Tramway: www.smex.net.au/bouldercreek

Quote Originally Posted by Web.eng View Post

Regards,
    Dave.
    My type3 manual was in chinese and the software wasn't all that helpful, I used Ucancam for a few months and got very sick of the bugs. Ucan cam doesn't like large complicated files, it would close on me for no apparent reason. you can use the supplied software to make things, its just the bugs gets annoying.

I now have V-carve pro and its far far better.

Shannon.

G'day Guys,

Just out of interest, does anyone know why the Excitech SHM0609 which has a 600mm x 900mm working area has a table size of 1560mm x 1050mm which is heaps bigger than the working size. I am wondering if the 0609 machine is the same machine that they use for a bigger machine - say 1200 x 900 work area - and they just fit shorter axis drives or different software or even just move the limits in to save having to make a whole new machine for just one size? Any ideas or thoughts on this? Has anyone seen one this size?
    Could I buy a 600 x 900 machine only to find that when I get it here I only need to move the limit switches to gain some working area?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I think the bed is only 890x1200, at least is says so here.
    http://www.webshcnc.com/english/6096s.asp

Usually the bed is bigger that the machinable area to allow for the mechanics of the machine, My 1530 has a machinable area of 1560x3200 but the bed is closer to 4 meters long.

Shannon.

G'day Shannon,

I did see that one which is what made me wonder if this one was the same:
    http://www.webshcnc.com/english/6096m.asp
    I have just received a confirmation from Taney and the SHM does infact have the 1560 x 1050 size table. It seems like a bit of a waste of space really.
    I tried to attach a photo of the new machine but couldn't get it to work
    How do I attach a Bloomin' picture??? (chair)

Click go advanced and there should be a button 'manage attachments'

Shannon.

Thats what I did but it gets about half way through up loading and cuts out every time.

Thats what I did but it gets about half way through up loading and cuts out every time.
    Maybe the Max. filesize (500Kb) is the problem, or otherwise maybe your picture is larger than 1000x1000?

I have not even installed it yet
    Because I had to wait for a few months for the machine to arrive, I wanted to start learning the software in the mean time. But beacuse my Type3 software would also take a few months to arrive, I started with the trail version of VcarvePro. And it is a great programm, I can recommend it. But I have also tried Artcam which has lots of possibilities (especially 2.5D) but is quite complex (in my opinion though :drowning

G'day,

No I checked all of that. The picture is only 166kb and size is 691 x 518
    I have just tried it again and it still drops out about half way trough the upload.

Dave.

photobucket

I load my photos onto photobucket first and have no problems.

Like this -

rocket, have you checked out aspire by vectric?
    i have it now and it is worth it

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Jim, i had a look at it when you mentioned it a few weeks back. Sure looks to be impressive.

In reality, the V Carve Pro is all we need for the work that we do. Ramon is going to teach me how to use the software during December. Once i know how to use it properly it may be possible for me to make a few special pieces. Then i will really get into it and hopefully get the Aspire software as well. Started to work on it before i took ill, so have to start all over again. Looking forward to it.

Rocket.

Rocket

I use VcarvePro. Be sure to set aside about 4 hours to learn you way around VcarvePro.

I suggest you allocate the 4 hours this way to get the best use of your time.
    45 minutes getting up to speed with VcarvePro and 3 hours 15 minutes talking about how easy VcarvePro is to use and any war stories you and your friend have to tell.

Great software.

PS. It may take longer than 4 hours, depending on the war stories.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    Rocket

I use VcarvePro. Be sure to set aside about 4 hours to learn you way around VcarvePro.

I suggest you allocate the 4 hours this way to get the best use of your time.
    45 minutes getting up to speed with VcarvePro and 3 hours 15 minutes talking about how easy VcarvePro is to use and any war stories you and your friend have to tell.

Great software.

PS. It may take longer than 4 hours, depending on the war stories.
    Hi lovebug, We have been using V Carve Pro for almost a year - although we - is actually Ramon who works for us part time. He is in his last month at Uni, and next year will be employed in the computer industry. That means i am now the chosen one to operate our Excitech next year. Have only had a computer for a couple of years and know SFA about CAD/CAM programs, and how on earth do i learn about files and folders?
    Guess it is about time. Have been putting it off all year! So i now have one month to become an expert. Should be fun! LOL!

Rocket.

we'll teach you

lesson one

create design for door, save as afile in a folder named "closet doors", create door #2 save in same folder.

create garage door (file) save in floder named Garage doors, create door # 2
    for garages save in same folder!!

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Page 109 of 131 95999107108109110111119