Register for free
Login
Page 68 of 131 1858666768697078118
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post

Kent Norway, did you do it?

Rocket.
    Well I guess you mean if I ordered?

I was %99.99 there but just to be sure, I made a detailed list which I was expecting in the "package". I have asked for support of a 4th axis and was quoted a amount for this. When I however was ready to have the final quote I learned that there was no motor drive in the price... So if I had not asked, I would have got a machine shipped all the way up here with a DSP supporting a 4th axis (I guess this is just a firmware upgrade) but no place to connect any steppe, if I understood the wiring we discussed. So I had to add $X for this. If I have not asked, how easy would it be to apply a commercial Gecko or other driver after words? I guess I would have been stuck. I have not found the Yakos available for us enduser on the net.

Then the quotes was not including shipping which I got the impression of, adding $Y.

So then I had to run through all the different options I was interested in to be sure that there is not any other "dark holes" which I have not been informed about. Does the mist cooling system actually include a pump, rubber hoses and a movable front end? Or is it just a moveable metal front end ? Would I need a special option X to have the tool sensor working with the custom DSP for the 4th axis?

Taney is for sure doing his best and I guess we have talked over each other, but before I hit any kind of "GO" button to my bank, I would need to get these things sorted. At the moment my budget is cracked so if there is any other issues, I go for the 0609 and not the 1312.

Hopefully I join you soon

A little bit frustrated at the moment but I'll be there :wave:

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kent_Norway View Post
    Does the mist cooling system actually include a pump, rubber hoses and a movable front end? Or is it just a moveable metal front end ? Would I need a special option X to have the tool sensor working with the custom DSP for the 4th axis?
    From what I have seen of the mist units, I think they are the same as the one on my work machine.

I think the mist unit runs off compressed air and the liquid container is pressurized a little. The mist is created at the nozzles by compressed air and liquid. There is no pump as such in the units. The mist unit is a plastic semi movable unit.

Shannon.

Has anyone done cutting of letters in vinyl with some kind of knife attached in stead of the spindle? How about engraving? Or is it just cabinets which has been done ?

Was just wondering if it was possible to expand the work

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kent_Norway View Post
    Has anyone done cutting of letters in vinyl with some kind of knife attached in stead of the spindle? How about engraving? Or is it just cabinets which has been done ?

Was just wondering if it was possible to expand the work

K
    They should be fine for engraving, with the right engraving bits, I think Roland makes a special knife kit for retrofitting table routers for sticker cutting. I haven't done either myself but have looked into it a bit.

Shannon.

kieth and joey

did the deed and got the software we talked about today, will finish signing up with bill on monday for new machine, joey i will look at software monday and fedex it to you we have 30 days to evaluate
    jim

Cut to the Bone Guest

Jim

Lets get cracking. I have been looking at it online. Will no more when i can spend more time on it monday.

joey:banana:

Quote Originally Posted by Cut to the Bone View Post
    I would be interested to learn if there is a recommended breakout board? Whether you have spindle speed control implemented? AND What if any reasons were provided for electing not to offer the machines for local sale with the Chinese supplied DSP setup (can't find the post but recall you were going to enquire).

I note also that your spindle inverter appears to be same model range as mine and you have a scrolling display- is it providing detail of any specific paramaters during operation?

Cheers,

Jimmy

Jimmy,
    Sorry it has taken me so long Bill & I have just got back and I am digging out of this hole 4 days away put me in.

Break out board if you are useing wincnc or mach go to http://www.cncbuildingblocks.com/
    Ed is great he has made boards for us and they are seamless

No Jim does not have spindle speed control implemented

DSP is fine we have put them on some low cost units. the reason we do not use a great deal of them is support we use U.S. software and it is a trick working from inch to metric. we have done it but rather not. the cost of having the DSP is not a savings over the PC with cat5 cable you can sit in the office and send all the code from there. with DSP a cable is needed. Also if you use wincnc you can multi task on the pc. edit code on the fly is another big reason.

Jimmy I hope this helps.

Joey[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joey- that is a great help and head start.... Know where I am heading now, will follow up to get prices shipped to AUS on Monday.

From what I see on the website the HS OPTO with the precision homing function is looking like a good starting point.... Along with a relay board to look after handly switching of contactors for VAC and extraction.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Cut to the Bone Guest

Jimmy

i have not used that board we do more with wincnc, and one of the boards we worked with Ed to design. but he (ED) stands behind his product as will i. if there is any questions just e-mail him hes a wiz at this stuff and knows mach 3 like the back of his hand. I use him for my tech support on mach.

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Cut to the Bone View Post
    i have not used that board we do more with wincnc, and one of the boards we worked with Ed to design. but he (ED) stands behind his product as will i. if there is any questions just e-mail him hes a wiz at this stuff and knows mach 3 like the back of his hand. I use him for my tech support on mach.

Joey
    Thannks Joey- I'll keep researching and get my condensed questions off in an email next day or so.

I don't wish to restrict myself to Mach, intend to look at win CNC as an option also.

Cheers,

Jimmy

thanks

for the em rocket, done daytona, if you make it to the states, it's a very serious party, myrtle beach is just 2.5 hour from here.

some day i'll tell you about meeting evel knieval.

gonna wait until monday so i can get $$$ out the door but i got some new news coming

kustom just how cold is it up there the news here reports that it is way below

joey

i see your here, i will try and run cabinetparts pro in a bit i was getting syntax error on my first try so i maqt call you in a bit jim

jimmy007

i am online right now while running a file on router and i like that about win cnc

kustom shop sabre uses wincnc right?
    jim

i also realize at this point why one would like a hand held dsp

sure would make joggin a lot more easy when carvin!!

Cabinetpartspro Software

G`day Jim, I have been checking out the $250 cabinetpartspro site and the shopbot discussion. Appears to be great value for money. There are a couple of videos to watch that are quite interesting.
    I sent them an Email requesting more info but have not heard back from them yet. When you purchase the software is it just a download or do they send a cd? They ask for Paypal payment which i do not use but Jeremy does so we will purchase it tomorrow.

The more we get into this the happier we are with our Excitech purchase and i am thinking that maybe we will buy a 600 x 900 machine that i can play with at home and another 1300 x 2500 machine for work. ( Taney - If you see this can you sharpen up that pencil for me? ).

After seeing those videos i am quite excited about the possibilities of different applications of the machines.

How are you finding the software?

Rocket.

cab parts pro

is very simple and it is going to make your life better

back in a bit photos and such

jim

download

so many are watching

heres how you can pay for them

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/120304.html

made it a little further along today

but i'll let yall be the judge of that
    jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0685.JPG   IMG_0687.JPG   IMG_0686.JPG   IMG_0696.JPG  

IMG_0691.JPG   IMG_0695.JPG   IMG_0690.JPG  

Jim, That looks sensational!

Looks like your local signwriter has some competition!

Rocket.

Jim, The dover clip art is obvously what you used in the decorative feature. How does that work?
    And the board that you routered the pattern onto - is it melamine or did you pre-finish it? Are we looking at the routing straight off of the router or did you paint it?
    Rocket.

door panel

that is maple door/drawer front display from a cabinet display we had. it is pre finished and you are seeing the rout right off the machine.

for file
    tell v carve pro the size of door, in this case without the drawer, made the math a little easier, set xyz at 0 on lower left hand corner.
    draw text "McGrew" and place on door. -close- draw text "architectural woodwork" place on door -close- then import bitmap from "Dover" cd (use a clear image, more on this later) size it where you want it then select and choose "fit vectors for tracing" after this, position all in size and scale where you want them, (remember where stiles and rails are) and select all
    go to material setup, then v-carve engraving toolpath and select bit etc.
    calculate run simulation and save toolpath to file, open control processor and run

i put a sheet of mdf on table and practiced drew imaginary doors for sizing and bit depth, exercise, Screwed up and forgot z settings
    (see Photo) unit stuck a vcarve bit thru material and proceeded to lift the entire sheet from table when i lifted to remove bit (a totaly self embarassing moment) kinda wierd when you do somthing stupid and theres no one to show it to!!!

falling asleep more later jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0676-1.JPG   IMG_0674-1.JPG   IMG_0677-1.JPG   IMG_0684.JPG  

IMG_0690.JPG   IMG_0692.JPG   IMG_0686.JPG  

Yes, the old " forgot to do z zero " will get you everytime!

We did the same thing on friday.

Rocket.

Page 68 of 131 1858666768697078118