587,087 active members*
2,790 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EXLAS or MORN?

Hello, I am in the USA and would like a 60w laser cutter. My top choices are MORN and EXLAS. With the same options, the Morn is more costly. However, they have a warehouse in the USA, so shipping is easy.

I want to go with the EXLAS, but I am worried about the unknown. That is....the cost to move it across the border. The quote they gave me included shipping to my door...but I know there are fees that are not included because of a customs or import charge. I thought this would be $100, but I heard that it could be $1000.

Can anyone tell me:

-What was the importation fee?

-What company has a more reliable product?

I do not know MORN.
    But I know EXLAS
    Few months ago we bought EXLAS top-high-class laser machine with servo motors and RECI laser.
    And it was our biggest mistake we ever did.

Nothing was as they promised.
    We had to disassemble and repaint whole machine.
    Rebuild table moving system, rebuild upper cover mounts and dampers, build electric-shock safety sytem (grounding, safety switches etc), exchange Reci laser to another well working, and, and, and
    We lost more than month hard labour and a lot of money.

If you want trouble, buy EXLASE.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

What was wrong with the paint? The reason I ask is, if that was overlook, it makes me wonder what more complicated issues were overlooked. Is the operation easy and reliable?

Bonedoc,
    Please standby before you spend your hard earned money on XLAS… please watch and see how long it takes XLAS to make my pending issues right… then make your choice. I just received replacement parts Friday but I have a whole new set of issues after installing the replacement parts.
    I am experiencing serious motion control issues and this is causing Performance, cost, schedule issues...

It has been almost two months now with this costly paper weight and my patience and grace is wearing very thin!

Import fees vary and are not always in-line with projected budget research; freight forwarders don't always do right by the importer...

Hurricane21 Guest

Would love to help

Bonedoc,

Please check out Home page and let us know what we can do to earn your business.

We have 60W co2 lasers starting at $4800 and we are based in the US with offices in Florida and Nevada. Here is the link to our intro 60W unit Category 2 Ivan - 20 x12 CO2 Laser - Lasers - Products

We can be reached at 866-475-1062 or [email protected]

Thank you and we look forward to working with you.

The Hurricane Laser Team