588,531 active members*
8,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Experience with Super Tech machines

Experience with Super Tech machines

Hi,

I am new to in this area and I am trying to find a reasonably cheap entry into CNC routers for wood cutting. I found a small company in the US called Super Tech that makes small wood routers for pretty good prices (I think). I know many people here are operating with ebay, but because I do not really have much experience I am not sure what to look for.

Anybody here with experience with Super Tech machines, or some advice on how to get started?

Cheers,
    helix

What do you want to do with it? You might want to ask in the Australian section here, as well.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Last time I looked they had a toll free number, give them a call and ask lots of questions. Last time I talked to them the only machine they were producing and selling was the small "mini-robo" which may be the one you were interested in. Sorry, but I I have no personal experience other than that with the machines.
    -Marc

Thanks for your replies, guys!

Yepp, I was thinking I might ask the other Aussies around. But I might just give these guys at Super Tech a call first and see if they actually make the machine I was interested in (actually that was the servo-driven Mini-Robo). I doubt, though, that I can call a toll-free number from overseas ... lucky international calls are so cheap these days.

As for what I want to do with it, there are two types on things I thought might be good for getting some experience, one is wooden toys, like animals with a bit of free-form, and the other are modern style wooden bowls (ones you can't turn on a lathe) and other decorative bits people put around the house.

I guess my background is computing and doing woodworking as a hobby, and I want to try to combine the two with this ...

Cheers,
    helix