587,997 active members*
1,681 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZTRAK DX Help Needed!!

Ok Bridgeport EZTRAK DX:

I replaced the Lithium battery that is on the circuit board. Now the CNC is not booting up. Do I need to reset something? I am getting text on the screen that is showing a "CM03 check.sum error". The spindle works, but I can not get the CNC to boot past the error.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

You need to attach a full size keyboard and reset your CMOS settings.
    This includes time and date, floppy type, hard drive parameters, etc.

All this was lost/went to default when the battery was replaced.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you George, I really appreciate your help.

Ok one more question, I am plugging the keyboard into the port on the back of the CNC screen, but the keyboard is not getting any power. I have tried both of the available ports and I am getting nothing. What the heck am I doing wrong??

Ah! You are almost there. The two plugs, one above the other are nothing more than a jumper. Plug your keyboard into the bottom plug. Take the wire that is in a similar plug just to the right and above and plug it directly above your full size keyboard.
    Now your keyboard signals go into the bottom plug, come out the top plug and follow that cable to the mother board.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

THANK YOU GEORGE!!!! I have it up and running and didn't have to call in a tech to come fix it!!

The manual for the mill didn't even mention the info you gave me. You are the man!!

Just glad to be of some help.

George

cnctools

I work with an ez trak mill, occasionally the screen gets garbled with previously used screens which overlap each other. This continues until the screen becomes unmanageablely confused, but functional. The only way to clear the screen is to reset the PC and rehome the machine. I have noticed that this problem begins after the machine is idle for several minutes. I have tried to clean the contacts on the video cable at the monitor, which seems to help for a little while. I'm questioning the video card, or video cable as to how the contacts are in need of cleaning. Do you have any suggestions or comments about this. I have not ventured into the cabinet to look at this problem.

Thanks.

cnctools

Is this an SX or a DX?
    I have seen this on a SX. It was a memory use error. What version of software are you using? Have you checked your CMOS settings?

George

cnctools

George, My research shows that this Bridgeport is a 3 Axis Ez-Trak a program disk volume label of EZ1/3-ch-634 Ver 4.00.08/5.66 Dated 9/20/99. A Diagram #D2598660 is noted on the Power Cabinet. My assumption is that this is the program installed on this Machine.
    I have a mailer which has been unopened untill today, containing Extrak 3 axis Desktop software Ver. 3.85.65 DT with/installation instructions, my assumption is that this is operator control panel software. Is this (3.) program older than the (4.) version mentioned above?
    I believe this is machine is a 3 axis Dx. And I have not ventured into the computer bios Setup. To answer your question about how the bios is setup I will need to use a key board @ bootup to access the DEL key.
    Please Advise.
    Cnctools

This tells me that you have a Cutler Hammer control. It is considered a CIB or control in a box and has a "all in one" half size mother board.
    Version 4 software is what was originally supplied with the machine. The other disk is a older version used for teaching and can be loaded onto a PC.
    I wonder if you have one or two cables on the Z axis motor? The reason that I ask is because the original scale in the Z mechnism in front of the quill housing would misread with heavy milling and the z axis would move to correct the position. The Z motor with 2 cables means that the motor has a rotary encoder that is used in 3 axis mode and will not mis-read.
    If I were there I would be checking the CMOS settings, and possibly reseating the memory and processor on the motherboard. How is the air filter? Is it clean? Does the processor have a fan? Is it working?
    I would have to see if I have a list of the CMOS for that version of mother board.

George

I Have Just Read Your Problems With Rebooting After Lithium Battery Replacement With Interest. We Have No Problems Rebooting And Keyboard Attachment But Need To Replace The Battery And Just Cannot Find It !!! Any Guidance Would Be Much Appreciated.

Do you have a typical lithium battery that looks like a large button (CR2032)?
    Or do you have the half size mother board with a DALLAS REAL TIME CLOCK?
    Or do you have a Ni-Cad battery (typically 3 buttom cells stacked end to end, welded together, soldered onto the mother board 386, or 486, in a plastic heat shrink tube that is usually blue or green or brown in color, usually near the keyboard plug)?

George