587,472 active members*
2,990 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > fadal spindle drive prob.

fadal spindle drive prob.

First post ever,I have a fadal 4020ht w/ ridged tap.The spindle will not start,getting #9" spindle fault line".I have done the usuals,fuses,relays..ect.It seems that the vector drive is shutting itself down on power up, the baldor interface unable to tell me anything. anybody have a suggestion? thanks!

spindle faults

check the power going to the drive if it is ok then the drive is toast,i have seen it many times,when the drive powers up and down and resets randomly is done for.fadalvmcparts.com has replacement baldor drives that are plug and play and excelent support if needed.I have put 10+ drives in from them without any issues.

You could try sending the drive out for repair. It will be cheaper than a new drive, but you will be down until the drive is repaired.

spindle faults

It may be possible to repair it,but usualy when the baldors turn on an off randomly it is a control issue.The old baldor drive is not made any more and the boards are unavailable,so unless someone has used parts laying around they probably wont be able to repair it.we had taken a few units to a rebuilder and that is what we we were told.

We do in-house repairs on the Baldor drives. If interested, give me a call at 818 678 9456.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Hi all. I have a drive from a 98 4020 and was told it was most likely easy to have repaired and I would like to send it out. can anyone recommend a house doing these repairs.

thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by overflowmachine View Post
    Hi all. I have a drive from a 98 4020 and was told it was most likely easy to have repaired and I would like to send it out. can anyone recommend a house doing these repairs.

thanks Ron
    We do repairs on Baldor drives for Fadal VMC's. Give us a call @ 818 678 9456 and I'll do my best to help you out.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!