587,306 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: fagor forum

Page 1 of 4 123

Post fagor forum

does anyone know if there is a forum for fagor controls, if so could you post
    a link, or someone who could answer fagor specific questions thanks

I use a Fagor controller, maybe I can help?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

be prepared for some stupid questions... your help would be appreciated thanks in advance I have 1 cnc mill with a 8055 controler and 4th axis. A good percentage of
    the programing I do is 4 axis.
    1st question: tool life I set up sesveral tools and set there original life and family but
    they don't age. I would like the machine to change to the next tool in the family after
    there cutting time has expired. Do I need to add lines to my programs to make the tools age?

Apparently This Option Is Not Installed

I am looking at a lathe with an 800T controller.
    Is this a user friendly unit?
    How about some feedback or opinions
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

fagor controlers

I like the 8055mc it is a milling version. I don't know about the 800. I think the
    newer the controler the better. CAM software is in the end the most important. Make shure you have a com port and the options installed that
    you want, ram ect try to get the manual first the manuals for my 8055 are available online. I think what you need to know is what options are standard
    and what you pay extra for.

Fagor controls

The 800T is a coversational control. I have never used one but I do like the Fagor control. We have four W/S SC lathes retrofited with 8050T's. I like the Fagor control just fine. It has a lot of room for you to make it work like you want it to. The BIG question is who did your retrofit and did they do it well. Our retrofit was done by a company with very little experience. It shows in how well the machine runs. The motors were sized too small etc... I'm not completely unhappy with them I just know that they would be better if the retrofit had been done properly.

Sorry that I overlooked your responses a few months back, thanks for the feedback.
    I have now just (yesterday) got a new lathe with the 8040T controller.
    I have started reading the manuals, was wondering if there is some sort of online tutorial sim for the programming.
    My current CAM is mill only and I don't intend to buy a lathe package, I want to do it all on machine.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

There is ALOT of different features that are available on that controler. I have been using the same one for over a year and I love it. (seariously I would marry it if I could)
    I would suggest that you write your programs to utilize the available parameters. Also look at the control and see how many parameters there are. If there are only 300 then you should call Fagor in Chicago and ask for an up to date software. I would use 8.15 atleast, this viersion offers 900 parametrs. also when you talk to them ask for the validation code to make your control a TCO model this will unlock the conversational features. Then ask for the validation code for the setup assistance, and profile editor. I have meet with the lead service enginere at the Chicago office and I am available for consultation help. So, if you have any questions just let me know and I will help you out. Also read up on the USER features. this is veary usefull. I can write you a USER program that alows you to answer simple questions and it will write a new program with out any g-m code knowledge. also it can help you set all your offsets and monitor tool life. Good luck and Have fun!

newbie to Fagor

I just got myself a new job and the company has purchased 4 Fagor 8055T controllers which are running vertical boring mills. We are using Gibbs to do our programming. As no one has used Fagor controls before we are unable to figure out how to start in the middle of the program. We've tried a few things but the program jumps to the beginning all the time. Is it possible to start in the middle of a G-code program with Fagor??? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

shimmwagen

Suggest you add a line after the 'Speed, Feed, etc.' conditions are set.
    (Goto N????)
    N???? is your line number you want to start from.

Kiwi

Question

not sure i understand.

"Suggest you add a line after the 'Speed, Feed, etc.' conditions are set.
    (Goto N????)

Are you saying i should insert a blank line?

we have tried starting on a N???? line after the speed/feed have been set and still starts at beginning of program.

shimmwagen

Add a line as per sample.

%
    N0007 T01 M06
    N0008 S8000 M03
    N0009 M08
    N0010 F600.0
    N0010 (GOTO N0017) ;<<<< this line
    N0011 G00 X7.3129 Y10.0677 Z0
    N0014 F50.0
    N0015 G01 X7.3129 Y10.0677 Z-1
    N0017 F600.0 ;<<<< The 'GOTO' will skip to this line.
    N0018 G01 X7.6886 Y10.071 Z-1 ;<<<< Make sure this line has G00, G01, G02, G03 as required.
    N0019 X7.7999 Y10.4235 Z-1
    N0020 X7.4975 Y10.6394 Z-1
    N0032 M09
    N0033 M02
    %

Kiwi

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Hi I also use a fagor 8055 on a 3 axis mill. great to hear that others also use this. I have been searching for fagor forums around the net for a while.
    Our mill is working fine but I have one problem. And that is to controll the Digital Outputs. I did this litle test on my machine. what hapend was that output 13,14,15,16 go high then a litle pause and when (PLCO13=0) came it reset output 13,14,15 and 16. here is the test
    %Test DI DO ,MX,
    (PLCO13=1)
    (PLCO14=1)
    (PLCO15=1)
    (PLCO16=1)
    G04 K700
    (PLCO13=0)
    M30
    %

If I put (PLCO15=0) at the end instead, it will reset output 15 an 16. I use the DO to controll a fixture (clamping, automatic door and a litle air tool) What i wanted is only to set the specific output to 0. Not every output with that number o higher. A fagor dealer told me to use (PLCO13.1=0) but the machine wont accept that code. when set to 1 it's no problem then i can set any output to 1 independent. Anyone have an idea. Probably I do some thing wrong.

smoregrava

I think I would be looking at your PLC programe.
    Search through it, and see if these Inputs/Outputs appear, then try to understand what has been written for them.

Kiwi

God idea. Maybe there is some logic around the outputs I have chosen in the PLC program. I will do that today.

Have searched trough the PLC but can't sind anything on the output13 to 16. But I find the other outputs so I don't think there is the PLC program who reset my output.

Ethernet on Fagor 8055M

I have just recived a new machine from Fagor a BEMATO 3 axis mill with Fagor 8055M controll. I have Ethernet conection with TCPIP. But It won't work.
    We have an other simillar machine but that machine has NetBeui.And this one is working perfect. My problem si that the new machine have many new ethernet parameters. The manual does not include this new parameters.

Anyone know what the parameters SERUNI1,IPSWDNC,IPSNFS,IPTYPET,DNCEACT and DIRNFS means??

smoregrava

Your machine sounds similar to mine. BEMATO 800FL 3 axis Machine Centre.
    My PC is connected through the serial port.
    I can give you the settings if this is any help.

Kiwi

Page 1 of 4 123