587,955 active members*
3,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 10 schematics or power supply info needed

Fanuc 10 schematics or power supply info needed

I have a FANUC SYSTEM 10 Type: A02B-0072-B501 that controls a Yam CK-1 Turning Center with DC5M Servos. I don’t have any schematics for the mc. I was wondering if there were any generic schematics for the Fanuc controller. I realize some things are machine specific. Basically I am trying to wire the mc to a phase converter and I want to know if the control needs 3 Phase. I have heard a lot of CNC equipment have single phase controls and when you wire the phase converter to just make sure the control is connected to a “true” leg of the phase converter. Any info would be appreciated.

There are several versions of the 10, You would need a Maintenance manual at least, you then should be able to match your machine up to the types shown by diagram.
    Mostly the control is single phase 200vac. The control and power supply is fed through the Input Unit, if you look on yours, there will either be 3ph in shown as R,S,T or just R,S for single phase in to the input unit, the power suppy itself is fed from the Input Unit and is single phase in.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Any single phase transformer (2 on my machines) should be hooked to the (real) house leg.

CNC power supply

All the Fanuc control power supplies that I've seen are single phase. The Fanuc servo amplifiers and the spindle drives require 3-phase.

You will find a single phase multi-tap transformer inside the CNC (near the power supply) that can accept almost any line voltage, and has 100vac and 200vac on the secondaries. If that transformer is set for the correct line voltage, you'll be able to run the control itself from your 220v single phase service. That transformer's primary is probably just wired to two legs of the 3-phase through a pair if fuses or breakers.

There were many types of servo amplifiers used by Fanuc, including 3-phase full wave SCR drives, PWM drives, and Variable frequency AC drives. How you would run these off of single phase service depends on the type of drives you have. They would all require a phase converter of some kind. Most of these servo amplifiers get 3-phase power through a mult-tap 3-phase transformer of some kind.

I got some schematics. It has a PWM control circuit. I see 3 phase IN for the diode module. I'd like more info on the diode module and what the three legs are used for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Internal connection M series velocity control unit DC.jpg   M series velocity control unit.jpg  

PWM rectifier

The diode module is just that: 6 diodes that turn the 3-phase into an (almost) DC current. The power transistors then "chop" this DC to control the current to the motor.

Here's a schematic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWM circuit.jpg  

Except will_eng show DC servos and Dans print is an AC servo. The DC servo Diode module is a three phase full wave bridge rectifier, you can google for a common configuration for these.
    Al.

Albert E.

Ooops

Yes, you're correct. I scanned the wrong page.
    The rectifier is pretty much the same though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PWM circuit2.jpg  

Actually, three phase fullwave followed by a capacitor bank is pretty smooth DC due to the minimum ripple, produced using 3ph.
    Earlier drives used full wave rectifier with scr's for half the bank and phase controlled the incoming AC frequency instead of PWM. These generally resulted in alot of 'hash' being reflected into the line unless steps were taken to supress it.
    Al.

Albert E.

Any idea how the system would react with a phase converter?

I know of a few that are operating Fanuc's with rotary phase converters with no problem, The three phase servo units operate into a 3ph rectifier/capacitor as previously mentioned, so as long as the phases are relatively well balanced I dont think you should have a problem.
    Al.

Albert E.

Re: PWM rectifier

Hi Dan,
    I am looking for the diode callout on my spindle drive board on my old fanuc 10t.
    could you send me this schematic. I cant quite read the chart.
    Do you know the diode type? is it just 1n4148? 1n914?
    There are 46 diodes. Are they all the same?
    Just trying to fix my machine.
    Thanks
    Steve