586,070 active members*
3,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 16T on Murata MT12 twin spindle machine - how do I copy programs from L to R?

Fanuc 16T on Murata MT12 twin spindle machine - how do I copy programs from L to R?

I have a Fanuc 16T on a Murata MT12 twin spindle machine. How do I copy programs from the left spindle program directory to the right spindle program directory? The machine does have an RS232 port, but presently I have no means of connecting to that port, so I was hoping to be able to copy the program on the machine itself.

Re: Fanuc 16T on Murata MT12 twin spindle machine - how do I copy programs from L to

Can not be done. Has to punch out VIA RS232 then switch heads and read it back in. Which version of 16 is it? The Fanuc 16 can be TTA. TTB, TTC, iTTA, iTTB

Re: Fanuc 16T on Murata MT12 twin spindle machine - how do I copy programs from L to

How can I tell which version of Fanuc 16 it is? The only visible identification on the CRT module is the "16-T" printing on the outside. On the inside the 9" CRT/MDI unit's sticker says type A02B-0120-C041/TAR No. N06092 1998-10. The main module on the controller is a Fanuc module A02B-0222-B503 1 with a barcode at the bottom A16B-3200-0190/05B802710. A 60M1 - 16 is displayed at boot-up. When in EDIT mode I can press the PROG hard-key, the OPT, then arrow and then EX-EDT soft-keys to get to soft-keys labeled COPY, MOVE and MERGE; but I have only been able to work with these on a given spindle and have not found a way to use these to copy from one spindle to the other.

On a related note, there is a CNMC (PCMCIA Type 1 (one)) slot on the module for backing up the SRAM. I can backup the SRAM to a PCMCIA Type 1 2Mb SRAM card, but I can't seem to access the card after the system has booted as I can't find a "card" soft-key. I presently don't have a way of reading the external SRAM card on a PC.

Hi,

Do you have a PCMCIA card adaptor + memory card?
    In MDI-mode, [OFFSET/SETTING] change I/O channel 0 to 4, channel 0 is for the RS232, channel 4 for the PCMCIA card reader.
    You can save programs from f.e. Head-1 to the memory-card and load/read them later to Head-2.
    How to save and read programs see attachment.
    I have added a pdf-file for backup and restore all your data to RS232 or memory card.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Thank you Heavy_Metal for the PDF documentation. It is interesting how every manual says something slightly different.

As I told DrDos in my response to him, the main module on the controller is a Fanuc module A02B-0222-B503 1 with a barcode at the bottom A16B-3200-0190/05B802710. A 60M1 - 16 is displayed at boot-up. I suspect this does not correspond to the iTTA or iTTB versions of the Fanuc 16. At one point Fanuc had informed me that the module corresponded to a Fanuc 16C controller (where C -> cutting), so that might correspond to the TTC version mentioned by DrDos. This unit only has channels 0-3 and does not accept channel 4 as an input option. The CNMC (PCMCIA Type 1 (one)) slot on the module only accepts the 3.3mm thick standard of a PCMCIA Type 1 card. I am unaware of any PCMCIA Type 1 card adaptors being available, but I am aware of PCMCIA Type II card adaptors being available. PCMCIA Type II cards can be up to 5.5 mm thick according to standards I found on-line, and the PCMCIA Type II card adaptor I have is about 5.1mm thick and it accepts a Compact Flash Type 1 card that is 3.3mm thick; but as the adaptor is 5.1mm thick, it isn't made for the 3.3mm slot of the controller.

I do have a working 2Mb Pretec SRAM card (the 16T on the CNC machine can read and write to it), but I presently have no way of reading it on a PC. I loaded the Pretec driver for the SRAM card onto the XP laptop I have with a PCMCIA Type II slot (as well as a serial port), and the laptop knows when the card is inserted, but the laptop cannot read the card and thinks it needs to be formatted. I also had an Addonics "Pocket Ultra DigiDrive" purchased (shown in your link) as it was considerably cheaper than an "Omni Drive UBS2 Pro", but haven't been able to get it to read the SRAM card. I learned after purchasing that the documentation for the "Pocket Ultra DigiDrive" states that it is not compatible with SRAM cards or Linear Memory cards. Ultimately I was hoping to get an 8Mb Linear Memory card working on the CNC and a PC so that I can back all of the system files up at once and also not have to worry about a battery running out on an SRAM card, but from the manual you attached, one of the included tables (page 8) seems to indicate that FlashROM cannot be read or written to by a PC, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I was hoping to avoid a lot of trial and error not to mention purchasing of hardware and software to get an efficient system that I know will work.

Hello MarkM1,

This is a long shot as you may not have access to the machine still. I have a Muratec MT12 that has corrupted system files in the flash rom. Is there any way you could retrieve the system files onto a cf card for me to utilize?

Thanks