588,484 active members*
5,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6M Model B

I have a problem trying to access the work offset pages. Manual says to push offset button twice to get there. All I get are the tool offset pages. I've tried various things, key on / off, edit mode, mdi mode etc, no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrps View Post
    I have a problem trying to access the work offset pages. Manual says to push offset button twice to get there. All I get are the tool offset pages. I've tried various things, key on / off, edit mode, mdi mode etc, no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
    Yes, that's the way to select the Work Offset page. The 6M control did not have Work Offsets; only 6M-B and above. Although most 6M-B controls had Work Offsets, it was an option. Perhaps your 6M-B does not have the option and you will have to use G92 to set the coordinate system.

If the machine still has the control specification sheets, it will be listed there if the control has Work Offsets.

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrps View Post
    PM me your email

What is the latest software edition of the 6M-B?

When my 6M machine was running before, it had the work offsets.

I remember that I used the tool offsets more than the work offsets... this was way before I got my 11M, 15M, 18iM, etc. all put together.

When I first started learning the FANUC, nobody bothered to show me that there was a G50.. etc. or how to use it. My 6M-B came from a Monarch V45. I followed the op. manual on how to use the control.. along with some basic instruction from the operator who was working with me at the time.

When I got my Okuma Howa Millac, I learned the 10M/11M control. I sold the Millac and kept the control which was put on a new mill I had custom built.

Check out my new 6M rebuild thread.

Greg