587,348 active members*
5,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Fanuc Al Nano HSM

Fanuc Al Nano HSM

Do Mastercam X2 Post Processors support Fanuc Al-Nano High Speed Machining?? I forgot to ask Alvaro Gil from Cimquest Inc.

G90G0G54G80G40G49 (G49 must be called before G5.1)

G5.1Q1R1 (G5.1 high speed, Q1 turn s it on, R = precision 1-10 (1 = least precise, 10 = most precise))

G43H1X0Y0Z1.0M3S500T2

machining cycle

G5.1 Q0 (TURN OF HIGH SPEED)

Z5.0

G91G30Z0

Thanks Guys!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

WOW, no replies yet? Guess I have to will call Cimquest next week
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby,

So easy to add those codes in the post which you would initiate with one of the miscellaneous integers in the tool path parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    Toby,

So easy to add those codes in the post which you would initiate with one of the miscellaneous integers in the tool path parameters.
    Thanks Mike

I forgot that tomorrow is a holiday being that I have been off all week.

Have a HAPPY and SAFE 4th
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Your welcome and you have a happy sulfur smell day too.

PS Who's Al Nano?

Your welcome and you have a happy sulfur smell day too.

PS Who's Al Nano?
    This is Al Nano
    http://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/product/cn...c/nanocnc.html
    http://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/product/cn...ncfeature.html
    http://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/product/cn...ocnc.html#jerk

It allows a CNC to control the Acceleration and Deceleration of the servos directly to prevent radii or what is called servo lag on 90 degree corners.

A typical Fanuc 0 series control usually handles from 40 to 80 IPM accurately.
    I need about 350 IPM to machine a large cavity in 7075 at work. Al Nano is what I use to do this efficiently. I was inquiring about this because my job is looking to buy MC X2 and I forgot to ask Alvaro about it. The guys at Cimquest should be able to help us with the Post Processor editing to get us on our way.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

You go AL.

You go AL.
    No we Love Al Nano because this feature has allowed me to reduce cycle times by more than 60% on Larger Parts. Al Kicks Butt.

I will try to get permission from the company to record a video when we machine this cavity. Then load it on You Tube and post a link here for all to see. The only catch is that their seat of MC X2 may not come until next week or the week after. Also that is if the purchasing department was on the ball last week.

There is nothing like High Speed Machining with AL Nano You can actually see the deceleration when getting close to the end of a corner, then the acceleration rip on the next linear move at 350 IPM at 8000 RPM.

LOL, I'm still trying to get the company to buy another new VMC with actual HSM capability. 500 to 750 IPM at 10,000 rpm is looking like a lot of fun
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Did you know a A nanosecond (ns) is one billionth of a second?

Toby the dealer can add this options to the code. I would try this machine with the newer HST surfacing paths. then again with the d 2HST paths when you get X3.
    on the surfacing pay close attention to the linking options and how much control of the tool coming in and out. oh and in this HST take advantage of tool holder checking. Also look for the improvement to holder checking in the X3.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

P.s. cutting at 800 IPM is allot of fun. I wish when I was cutting mold years back I had the tools in the software we do now.
    I was using Version 6 of MC with a High speed Mazak that had the deceleration and acceleration built into the machine.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    P.s. cutting at 800 IPM is allot of fun. I wish when I was cutting mold years back I had the tools in the software we do now.
    I was using Version 6 of MC with a High speed Mazak that had the deceleration and acceleration built into the machine.
    90% of the newer machines have HSM. Wish I had one of my own to play with.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I'm sorry, but I noticed this is how a thread was meant to be.

I'm sorry, but I noticed this is how a thread was meant to be.

Confused:wave:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

yeah, I see that happy waving guy.

Does Macy's know how to put on a firework's show or what?

Does Macy's know how to put on a firework's show or what?
    Don't know, didn't watch it:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

sorry to bother you....

sorry to bother you....
    No bother, I must have chosen the wrong smilie LOL. I'll edit that.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com